Bas Rutten Criticizes Ronda Rousey UFC 207: Ronda Should Be Fighting Bums In The Smokers, Not UFC

LOL, "Amanda Nu-knees" and "Ronda fingered Miesha on the fence"

That was legit funny but in a very unintentional way. LMAO

frabz-LMAO-f95511.jpg

Sounds about right.

They should have her mauling some people in gym fights to get her confidence back. Live fights.

Who knows what her training looked like, but everything points to the fact she doesn't know how to take a punch. Which is pitiful on Edmond's part.
So Edmund should just start hitting her until she learns how to take a punch?? o_O:eek:

Ronda should just take Diego's advice on coming back from two consecutive losses:

I feel like bas was praising rondas hands at one point? probably on JRE might be wrong tho.

So Edmund should just start hitting her until she learns how to take a punch?? o_O:eek:

No he ought to show her head movement to either slip or dodge punches and in worst case scenarios to teach her to roll with the punches to reduce damage. Also foot-movement and body positioning in exchanges. Ronda tends to walk into punches like a zombie with little to no head movement.

It's kind of true. In pretty much most of his UFC losses he was outclassing his opponents at one point. And all of his UFC wins were pretty dominant.

Yup, Overeem's chin is made of the same material as Shogun's knees, Fedor's hands and Cain's back.

Dude is biased and a hack commentator.

The 180 that he did on Overeem after Reem left Golden Glory before signing with the UFC back in 2011 was the height of absurdity.

One second, Alistair was unstoppable and was a shoe in to win the UFC title. The next he was a chinny bum.

You have other examples as well?
Maybe it wasn't professiona but one personal feud doesn't make you a biased commentator.

Bas Rutten makes a fair point.

That sounds like 15 minutes of Bas trying to apply for a job with Ronda.

Come train with me. I could use the job, the money and the fame. Look what I did for Kimbo.

That said, great fighter and commentator.

The 180 that he did on Overeem after Reem left Golden Glory before signing with the UFC back in 2011 was the height of absurdity.

One second, Alistair was unstoppable and was a shoe in to win the UFC title. The next he was a chinny bum.
And in Overeem's last fight, he looked lost compared to how he good he was against Lesnar. Bas called that correctly too. Nothing hack about recognising the demise of a fighter.

He might have had his biased moments. But who hasn't?

Lmaooo Bas, you fought in pancrase and lost to randleman but was gifted.

Love ya, but chill.
Nah he won against kevin, kevin did nothing on top. You don't win by laying on top.

I didn't listen to the podcast (no data), but if he came out and said that it's ridiculous. I get the Ronda hate - her getting clobbered by Holly made my whole month - but this shit is ridiculous. She was undefeated, beat legit comp to win the Strikeforce belt and then beat all active 135 contenders during her UFC tenure.

She gets a bit over confident with her boxing and gets smoked by two of the hardest hitting BWs, and suddenly she should be having ammy fights against nobodies?

Can someone explain the context to Bas' quote? Was he making a point that she should have a few gym wars against lower level girls to get her confidence back in big fights, or insinuating that she's so rubbish that she should go back to smoker fights in gyms because that's the only way she'll be competitive?

Wow I didn't know that. Care to share the full story brah?

Bas is tight with Bas Boon and a lot of the other guys at Golden Glory.

Reem left Golden Glory before he signed a huge contract with the UFC because he didn't want to pay them their cut. A lot of GG members were legitimately pissed at Overeem and thought that he betrayed the team over money. That's a reasonable complaint.

Bas, however, let the fact that he thought Overeem screwed over his friends financially affect how he covered Overeem's career. Bas become totally hostile to Alistair after he left the team and started disparaging him as a fighter. This was after several years of effusive praise of Alistair's skills during his Ubereem roid phase.

Sorry, but I can't take the guy seriously at all as an "MMA journalist" after that shit.

One second, Alistair was unstoppable and was a shoe in to win the UFC title. The next he was a chinny bum

I'm sure he's not the only one to change his opinion like that, I changed my mind after what Browne and Silva did to him.

I'm sure he's not the only one to change his opinion like that, I changed my mind after what Browne and Silva did to him.

...and that's totally fair.

However, Bas didn't change his opinion because of Alistair's performance in the cage. He changed his opinion because Alistair left GG and refused to give them a huge percentage of his UFC money.

All of this happened in the fall of 2011, nearly two years before his first UFC loss.

Back