Barnatt got robbed.

I can see why Strickland won. He was landing jabs and Barnatt didn't land much. I had Barnatt winning rounds 2+3 but the rounds were close. Basically you either picked Strickland via connecting more with jabs, or Barnatt for moving forward and seemingly landing the better but fewer shots.

Barnatt sure as hell landed more than he did, and when did Sean land jabs because I must've missed every last one of them.

From Danas twitter

Dana White ‏@danawhite 2m
Yes Luke Barnatt won that fight. How about the judge with the 30-27!? That's insane

From Danas twitter

Dana White ‏@danawhite 2m
Yes Luke Barnatt won that fight. How about the judge with the 30-27!? That's insane

Good! If I was Luke I'd appeal the shit out of this.

Now what color shorts does the Barnatt guy have ?

Barnatt sure as hell landed more than he did, and when did Sean land jabs because I must've missed every last one of them.

Yup, guess you must have. Sean won the first round.. and the first half of the second round, (as he landed some jabs and stuff.) until his hand got broken.. wasn't the most impressive victory, but it wasn't a 'robbery.'

Yeah, unimportant fight but my god bad decision. 30-27? Really? This another case of judge writing down the wrong name? lol.

glad i didnt make it to the bookies on time, no one likes losing money but its even worse when its a bad decision.

30-27 IDK wtf these judges were watching, Strickland did nothing in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to win him the fight. I thought for sure, Barnatt was going to win 29-28.....didn't even think it should have been a split.

It's the Machida/Condit rule: If you run away the whole time BUT the UFC likes you THEN you get to win.

Except Machida and Condit use it to maintain the distance they like to strike at, and create angles for counters. I'm sorry if you're too blind to see the difference between somebody who circled aimlessly the entire fight, parried whenever he got trapped; pretty much never committing to a strike, and someone like Machida who uses his opponents mistakes while covering the distance to set up counters at angles where his opponent can't answer with any offense.

I'll admit in his early days Machida didn't have the ability to lead, and always had to back up then reset when an opponent attack him(given he wasn't able to time the left straight). Even then he landed quite a bit, he wasn't just "running away". You give 3 fighters their first loss by KO while "running away". His game has advanced a lot from that though, and he leads more now with kicks/feints.

Last edited:
Yeah, unimportant fight but my god bad decision. 30-27? Really? This another case of judge writing down the wrong name? lol.

I can hear Dana now preaching about the important of closing out the fight and not leaving it in the judges hands ?

there were no winners in the fight, only a loser...the fans

Back