Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 2 : August 25th (Crazy Horse,Chris Lytle,Joey Beltran)

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Mohawk Mauler, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Mohawk Mauler

Mohawk Mauler Imaginery Borders Matter

2. eseseses681

eseseses681 Purple Belt

I think Lethwei fighters would have a really good chance in bareknuckle boxing. Name another group of people who have more experience striking without gloves than Lethwei guys, and a lot of 'em already have better boxing than Lytle. It'd be their best way to shine on an international stage since Lethwei's probably never gonna break out outside of Myanmar unless people become cool with headbutts, and since the lack of grappling opportunities in Myanmar limits their growth in MMA (unless the Naban guys decide to team up with Lethwei gyms, which probably won't happen).

Of course, that kind of expansion with bare knuckle boxing is still a ways off-- at least until they grow beyond Biloxi, Mississippi. If they're serious about making gloveless boxing legit, though, which I'd like to see, investing in some Lethwei guys is a better long-term strategy than relying on retired MMA brawlers. There's no way I'm paying $30 to watch that live unless I'm seeing it in person.

3. Only Here for Attachments

Only Here for Attachments Free from the yellow once again!

4. Falconkick

Falconkick A charming asshole

I agree with you saying it would be cool if they were competing here and the better chance to shine. I love ONE Myanmar cards because of the Lethwei fighters so to see them in Bare knuckle boxing would be killer.

Mohawk Mauler likes this.
  5. Hardcore MMA

Hardcore MMA Green Belt

Wow, Lights Out is fighting again?? I remember he retired like 6-7 years ago to pursue politics, which didn’t work out for him. Hope he isn’t just doing it because he’s gone broke. Was always a fan of his. Hope he gets the W.

mikebkr and Mohawk Mauler like this.
  6. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

I doubt Lytle is broke- he worked full time as a professional firefighter during his long fighting career, and he lives in a relatively inexpensive state in Indiana, plus he made about a half million just in UFC performance bonuses, not to mention his purses and win bonuses from MMA & boxing. Wouldn't be surprised if his house was paid off and he's quite set and just doing this for the love of competition.

7. Hardcore MMA

Hardcore MMA Green Belt

I hope that’s the case. Was always fan of him not only as a fighter, but as a person. He always seemed like a good dude.

8. Mohawk Mauler

Mohawk Mauler Imaginery Borders Matter

Cant wait to catch this,never had the chance to watch Crazy Horse fight live.

<{JustBleed}>

helax and Brodels like this.
  9. Lefthook315

Lefthook315 White Belt

I'm pumped to see the return of Joey Beltran and Tony Lopez as well as the debut of KRAZY HORSE! Bare knuckle boxing has already gained a bit of a following in the UK. They have had a few ex UFC and Bellator guys such as Melvin Guillard Julian Lane and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head. The promotions in the UK are a bit of a circus act though and they have continued to promote some guys that are only mouthpieces and dogshit as boxers. I watched BKFC 1 and I have to say I was very impressed. Stitch Duran and Dan Miragliotta where both involved and Antonio Tarver commentated. These guys seem to be focused on putting on good fights between well matched opponents.

10. Lefthook315

Lefthook315 White Belt

Lethwei fighters would probably do very well but they would have to adapt as well since you're only striking with fists. The best suited would probably be the Irish travelers who have never stopped fighting for honor and money in bare knuckle boxing contests. BKFC seems like they're using the MMA guys to promote themselves and when those guys get beat by better striker then hopefully they will have a following as well. I wasn't sure how the first one would be but I streamed it for free and it was a great card. All the fights except for the Ricco Rodriguez main event were barn burners from what I remember and most did not see a final bell. A few of the MMA guys looked out matched or didn't perform well especially Eric Prindle who got knocked out cold with one punch. There were a few that could strike and use the one hand clinch to their advantage like Beth Rawlings and Estevan Payan.

11. WarriorPoet1

WarriorPoet1 Purple Belt

[QUOTE="Lefthook315, post: 143985249, member: 522069" A few of the MMA guys looked out matched or didn't perform well especially Eric Prindle who got knocked out cold with one punch. .[/QUOTE]

Prindle got mashed by James Thompson a few years ago that should say everything you need to know.... also Johnny Bedford looked smooth AF that night

12. HughPhug

HughPhug Black Belt

I still much prefer the UK BKB promotion, Chris Lytle fought there earlier this year as it goes

They get hand wraps instead of damaging their hands.

Will always watch Lytle fight, miss seeing that guy put on a show.

Didn't Leben and Baroni sign to fight bare knuckle with a new promotion recently?

13. Lefthook315

Lefthook315 White Belt

Yeah they signed to another American promotion. The one that just signed Shawn Merriman.

14. moon to me

moon to me Blue Belt

Can't wait to watch these motherfuckers throw down. It was an honor to watch the last one.

15. Langinbang187

Langinbang187 Brown Belt

What time will this be? (EST)

16. neXt leVel

neXt leVel Purple Belt

17. Brodels

Brodels Rape is sexy

Hellz yes love seeing Lytles name there.

18. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

8 PM EDT, not EST.

19. Langinbang187

Langinbang187 Brown Belt

Lol my bad, used to saying AST but I figured nobody would know what that was. Thanks though man

20. Kinger85

Kinger85 Gold Belt

BKFC > UFC by the end of 2019 :)