Bare Knuckle Boxing - What are your honest thoughts

I think Gabe Rosado is about as good a champion as they will ever see, and I've got nothing but respect for him.

I'll watch tonight to see how a bunch of ex UFC'rs do without the threat of a takedown.

Isaac Vallee Flaig, Artem Lobov, Jason Knight, Johnny Bedford all tonight.

Also, that (dye) red headed stepchild Chris Leben is fighting an absolute bum as well.

Good action here in the first fight... are punches to the back in the head allowed? Dude is throwing a ton of rabbit punches.

Completely changes the defensive strategies that one can employ, which is a much bigger factor than just superficial damage and at least as important as the broken hand issue. It isn't simply a matter of adding gloves to see more skill, as some are suggesting. The gloves change the dynamics entirely. Personally, I find it far more compelling to watch two people box when they can't rely on the gloves to block or deflect punches.

And Leben holding the back of his opponent’s head and uppercutting him repeatedly.

Seemingly the “Boxing” part of the name doesn’t actually refer to an actual rule set.
Seriously, why even have a ref?

I think Gabe Rosado is about as good a champion as they will ever see, and I've got nothing but respect for him.

I'll watch tonight to see how a bunch of ex UFC'rs do without the threat of a takedown.

Isaac Vallee Flaig, Artem Lobov, Jason Knight, Johnny Bedford all tonight.

Also, that (dye) red headed stepchild Chris Leben is fighting an absolute bum as well.

Rosado fought in Big Knockout Boxing which wasn't bareknuckle (it just happened in a circular pit, not a ring). Same initials as this new promotion, but they're different promotions. Seeing him in this current iteration would be amusing, though, as he would annihilate any of these washed out MMA fighters.

Rosado fought in Big Knockout Boxing which wasn't bareknuckle (it just happened in a circular pit, not a ring). Same initials as this new promotion, but they're different promotions. Seeing him in this current iteration would be amusing, though, as he would annihilate any of these washed out MMA fighters.
Yep, like the Yama pit with a legit floor surface, you’re right, my bad.

Lower quality fights/fighters, higher level of brutality.

It will interest some (who want to see brutality) more than those who want to see skill.

Im not against it, but not more interested than boxing/mma/kickboxing either.

I see it as complete and utter bullshit

But everyone can decide for themselves if they want to fck up their hands or not. I aint mad at them

Lower quality fights/fighters, higher level of brutality.

It will interest some (who want to see brutality) more than those who want to see skill.

Im not against it, but not more interested than boxing/mma/kickboxing either.

literally 90% of MMA fans watch MMA because of blood, WWE shit, r3al fight ...

Bae knuckel boxing just needs a star, some WWE shit => attracts red necks which means more money & fame.

Thats why i watch MMA, but ufc didnt get a cent from me lmao
PersonalCrispArrowworm-max-1mb.gif

From a boxing fans perspective- I honestly thought it was horrible. I was literally laughing at times.

From bored guy sitting home on saturday night perspective- it was a decent time waster. I'll watch it if there's no boxing on. Would probably choose UFC over this too.

It’s interesting to me because the pace and technique of the fight is different bare knuckle.

The punches move faster and you can’t block with gloves.

Bigger gloves have more surface area to connect so it’s eaiser to land punches.

As far as a sport goes, it’s stupid. Too many cuts and bloody fights. Boxing is not fighting. It’s the sport of punching.

If you want a fight then why stop at bareknucle. Just throw two guys in there with no rules.

literally 90% of MMA fans watch MMA because of blood, WWE shit, r3al fight ...

Bae knuckel boxing just needs a star, some WWE shit => attracts red necks which means more money & fame.

Thats why i watch MMA, but ufc didnt get a cent from me lmao
PersonalCrispArrowworm-max-1mb.gif

On a related note I was in central California this week and they had a local critique of wrestling and the lowest common denominator. They attributed the “just bleed” fan to the wwe(f).

haven't personally seen too many skilled bare knucklers so it's hard to have a real opinion. How would Ray robinson do? How would joe louis do? I can't watch flabby but tough guys and think I can get an idea of how good it can be. We know about the breaking of hands too, the old timers had ways of coping I hear, they body punch or don't put as much into head punches. On the recieving end, I've taken both gloved and knuckled punches, knuckles cause surface damage and hurt a lot worse, and the damage can happen at a greatly accelerated rate, skin cuts, cartilage breaks never to heal. As far as punching, i've hit some heads and was lucky enough never to break my hand but they were definitely sore and possibly slightly fractured. In fact, if I were to get into fights these days I'd most likely use palm strikes instead of risking a break, you can get about the same effect and cause no damage to the hand.

I really enjoyed it, especially the first card and the most recent card headlined by Artem Lobov & Jason Knight. Of course I'm not some boxing purist, I watch all combat sports including MMA, kickboxing, muay thai as well as boxing so they all hold some interest for me, especially if there are betting odds. I have no issue with the cuts, blood, injuries and potential for broken hands as it adds another dimension to the contest. They had perfect timing last weekend since they had Saturday evening all to themselves with no UFC or boxing in the way.

Back