Barcelos is the truth

I wonder how it came about that he got subbed by a no name scrub (who had 2 subs on his record at the time) when he seems like such a high level BJJ guy who trained since childhood under elite teams. He was 7-0 at the time too, anybody see the full fight?

Found a gif of it:

did you see what happened before he got locked?

I don't know. It's still not clear how good any of the opponents he's beaten are and he got badly outstruck by Chris Gutierrez.

He handled Gutierrez pretty easily, just took him a while to track gutierrez down as Gutierrez was on his bike all round one. He finished him in 9 minutes and was on his way to having a 10-8 round.

did you see what happened before he got locked?

No, couldn't find the full fight. Was curious to see if he got rocked before hand or something too, or whether it was just a brain fart like that pretty decorated grappled who got triangled in WEC (think it was Wagney Fabiano) by a grappling noob.

I thought Taha looked decent too, even in defeat. Was a very good fight. Barcelos needs a bigger fight now, someone like Merab, Kenney or Stamann.

I wonder how it came about that he got subbed by a no name scrub (who had 2 subs on his record at the time) when he seems like such a high level BJJ guy who trained since childhood under elite teams. He was 7-0 at the time too, anybody see the full fight?

Found a gif of it:

Everyone has a prospect loss

Fantastic combos from this man. Great cardio. Great ground game. 135 lbs division is fire right now.
The only thing working against him is his age, he's 33 and the lower weight classes are not kind to the older vets.

That said he debuted at the age of ~25 and mostly competed in grappling before that so its not like he's one of these guys who debuted in their teens and is shot in their early 30s. And Rafael Assuncao was able to fight elite competition well into his mid to late 30s and I don't know if he ever looked as good as Barcelos did.
Yoooo, this mf fights like ja young ose aldo. Hes a savage!
I thought it was Aldo in there when i first switched over.
He's about the same age actually, less than a year and a half younger. But obviously far fewer fight miles on him.

This man is easily a top 3 BW. If he was marketable, he would have had a title shot last year. He is the most allround guy in the division. Great striking, great grappling at impressive ground game. I'd personally favor him v Yan and Sandhagen.

Je s legit yes. Lack power though.
I don't think he lacks power, I think Taha's chin was just legit. Of course he's not a monstrous puncher like some other guys but sometimes that's good, guys with huge power are more likely to head hunt whereas guys with solid power know they have to string together combos and Barcelos seems to get that. Plus he works the legs nicely and times some nice knees, overall stellar performance.

This guy is 33, get him a top ten fight FFS. he's so good and has been super impressive in like every fight i've seen him

can you believe sean omalley was ranked but Barcelos still isn't. he would destroy baby legs.

Back