Barboza's TDD is better than Conor's but

SouthSide971

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Conor movement is way better and unless you are chad Mendes ,who btw got the more explosive blast double in the UFC,good Luck taking him down.
Nate was able to take him down because Conor respected his stand UP.
Khabib boxing is nowhere near Diaz lvl if he rush for the clinch as usual he eat a left hand 100%
I still think khabib win but it will be interessting to see how he deal with this

Fuck I cant wait for this fight to be over

Is Conor's movement really that great? Nate backed him up to the cage repeatedly in the rematch and even earlier in that fight when he was dominant he was standing infront of him most of the time. I think that fight turned when Nate realised he could target Conors body as he was so stationary.

What Conor obviously does have over Barboza is far better boxing, Khabib obviously targeted the latters weakness to aggressive boxing but I doubt he will fight that way vs Conor.

Barboza's TDD is better than Conor's

Technically - it's not. Barboza frames people on the fence (which is an ultimate fail) and tires his arms fighting with wrestler's body power vs. power.

Conor fights for wrists and has better control of his hips.

Also in the range, Barboza runs in circles, while Conor frames and retreats or counters.

Last edited:
khabib is a master technician, he fights everyone differently thats why he never lost a round and u are here praying for your boy to make it through this thing alive

Conor movement is way better and unless you are chad Mendes ,who btw got the more explosive blast double in the UFC,good Luck taking him down.
Khabib boxing is nowhere near Diaz lvl if he rush for the clinch as usual he eat a left hand 100%
I still think khabib win but it will be interessting to see how he deal with this
This has been discussed a million times already: Khabib doesn't really go for doubles, he goes for singles and even if the initial single leg attempt fails, Khabib maintains his grip and works his way up into the clinch for further takedown attempts. All Khabib needs is to get his hands on Conor's leg and Conor WILL go down one way or another. Unless Conor can completely avoid Khabib grabbing him, he's in for a wild ride. Also, Khabib doesn't need to rush for the clinch flailing wildly, he can shoot singles on Conor all night long.

EDIT: forgot to mention that Conor's wide karate-like stance is inherently vulnerable to single leg takedowns. Moreover, Conor will not be able to perform an uppercut on Khabib going in and then sprawl effectively if the uppercut misses or fails to daze Khabib, so if he decides to try and catch Khabib going in with a left uppercut, he better pray that he hits.

Last edited:
Hey mods can we just get a Conor x Khabib stick thread please?

Edson has faced maybe 4 or 5 guys (at a push) with good take downs while Conor has fought Chad Mendes.

Basically we have no idea what Conor's take down defense/anti wrestling is like, other than that the one guy he did face with skills took indeed get him down

Chad also took him down by catching a kick and didnt need his double - did conor now learn e honda style kicks or something

Is Conor's movement really that great? Nate backed him up to the cage repeatedly in the rematch and even earlier in that fight when he was dominant he was standing infront of him most of the time.

iokt4i.gif

Unpredictable footwork+stepping to the outside angle

DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Also what you think was "just standing in front of him" was Conor utilising distance deception to counter

2nrzk3m.gif

Pay attention to Conor's forward lean to appear as a closer target. That's what draws out the jab. Conor then pulls and counters. So smooth

You really don't understand striking.

And I can show you many examples from the Floyd fight of Conor stepping around Floyd to attack his blind spots, his pivots to change up the positioning thus forcing Floyd to turn to him (off setting him/putting him out of position etc)

Conor is the 1 MMA fighter who has actual legit elite high level educated boxing footwork

People who don't know fighting think "footwork" means running and moving excessively

"Wasted movement"

Boxing is all about subtlety. Conor is always taking the right steps to be just in position or just out of position. That's real footwork. There is no one in MMA who has better real footwork then Conor or who has better boxing and counter punching then Conor

moreorless87 said:
I think that fight turned when Nate realised he could target Conors body as he was so stationary.

Err it was Conor who started targeting Nate's body with brutal body punching once Nate started to walk Conor down behind a high guard. Conor made the adjustment and started tenderizing Nate's insides

2v81x6p.gif

vskw2s.jpg

3502a21.gif

It was Conor's body punching which gassed Nate out

People also ignore how Conor had Nate legit hurt to the body in round 4

Conor had Nate literally SLUMPED OVER from a teep to the body

Last edited:

I've also been debunking this all week as well....

That's number one bullshit. Surely Nate's boxing is infinitely better than Khabibs but unlike him, he has no real power in his shots. Khabib on the other hand has quite a few KOs/TKOs on his resume which is pretty impressive for a pure grappler, regardless of the level of the competition that he faced. Both Nate and Conor were more than comfortable to stand and bang, takedowns came when Conor was already exhausted as fk, not to mention that Nate is a shitty wrestler.
There is very little to no recent evidence to show how good Conor's tdd/bjj are. He stuffed all of Alvarez tds but that was after he already hurt him on the feet badly.

The main difference is that Barboza has absolutely no hands.

Conor got cornered against the cage by Nate Diaz... Nate literally slow-walked him into the cage, and held him there... not to mention took him down.

Nate...fucking...Diaz

This has been discussed a million times already: Khabib doesn't really go for doubles, he goes for singles and even if the initial single leg attempt fails, Khabib maintains his grip and works his way up into the clinch for further takedown attempts. All Khabib needs is to get his hands on Conor's leg and Conor WILL go down one way or another. Unless Conor can completely avoid Khabib grabbing him, he's in for a wild ride. Also, Khabib doesn't need to rush for the clinch flailing wildly, he can shoot singles on Conor all night long.

EDIT: forgot to mention that Conor's wide karate-like stance is inherently vulnerable to single leg takedowns. Moreover, Conor will not be able to perform an uppercut on Khabib going in and then sprawl effectively if the uppercut misses or fails to daze Khabib, so if he decides to try and catch Khabib going in with a left uppercut, he better pray that he hits.
Don't talk about Conor's karate stance or technique. People will say you don't know what you're talking about and will pull out loads of BS out of their ass trying to prove he's a boxer.

This non sense again

1. Conor has even better single leg TDD

Start at 0:10

2. Conor stepping to the outside angle will take him out of the path of any single leg attempts (you can't reach across your body to grab that single)

3. Conor will use fients, jabs, front kicks to circle opponents toward his power hand. That process takes opponents out of the path of Conor's lead leg

4. Southpaw vs orthodox means the leadhands will be at a natural interference to each other.

That is a far bigger advantage for Conor.

Conor utilizing leadhand control to take away Khabib's jab hand, and render Khabib a one armed fighter will be disastrous for Khabib's already rudimentary sloppy striking

Khabib wont be smart enough to know he's being set up. When Conor locksdown Khabib's jab hand with his leadhand control, Khabib will be responding the right hand just like Conor wants. Boom counter

358521.jpg

A guy half his size took him down at will, Khabib is gonna rape him, better get mentally prepared Mcnuthuggers.

This has become a big myth

The first TD Alvarez shot came within the first 2-3 mins of the fight
I'd have to re-watch the fight but I'm pretty sure that Eddie was getting tagged from the very beginning or even dropped before he attempted his first td. Not to mention that Eddie is a rather mediocre wrestler at best - he only takes people down once he drags them to the fence. The only real wrestler Conor fought was Mendes, who took him down repeatedly with relative ease but then again, Conor's knee was injured so yeah.

Back