Barboza vs Burgos! Who you got?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Barboza should wreck Burgos like a heavy bag. Burgos had that CTE inducing fight with Josh Emmett in his last fight, can’t be good for his health.

Barboza by kicks

Barboza got this. Not by kicks though. Burgos won't give him that space.

Barboza via sharper side to side movement.

If Burgos comes to fight he can win this. He fought scared against Emmet.

Burgos is a beast. But I'm gonna keep riding with Barboza. Hoping he can make a title run

i see Burgos overwhelming Barboza in the third. Barboza becomes a completely different fighter around the 8 minute mark @145.

Burgos will smash Barboza.
There are levels to this.
Shane’s mentality is so much more suited to taking Edson out it’s absurd.
If Shane doesn’t finish this fight I will be very, very surprised.
Edson stands practically no chance. Too old, too many wars, not enough movement and nowhere near well rounded enough. Burgos is a very obvious pick.

That's the exact opposite of what he did in that fight. He was too reckless in that fight.

Nah. He was scared to throw. But he gave no fuck about defense either.

I like both guys, so I don't mind who wins really. But I think Burgos takes it.

Either Burgos via his usual pressure brawling or Edson from the outside. He could catch Burgos coming in, he leads with the chin. But Barboza's inside defense is shaky. Burgos brings it right away, so this should be a great one. Longer the fight goes I think Barboza's technique takes over.

I still think Barboza has enough in the tank to take Burgos. Burgos is so damn hittable, which is a bad trait to have have against a guy like Barboza.

So you didn't watch the fight?

I sure did.

I got Barboza in this fight, but Burgos is pretty good. Like I said, if he let his hands go, he can win this by pressure and breaking Barboza. But Barboza fought scarred against Emett. He was willing to get punched in the fast, but he wasn't willing to take a risk throwing hands and get countered by faster Emett.

Barboza is my guy but I think he'll have a hard time with Burgos' pressure and pace, especially as the fight wears on. Burgos is a lot like a FW Tony Ferguson and gives everyone a hard time even in his losses. I think he drowns Barboza in the 3rd but I hope I'm wrong.

Because Barboza didn't absorb tons of damage over his career? Burgos wins, Barboza doesn't do well with aggresive fighters who push the pace and always close the distance which nullifies his kicking game.

Back