BARBOZA IS THE BEST KICKER IN THE UFC

I actually agree. Especially if you go by leg kicks alone, I think in that aspect he beats wonderboy quite a bit.

Pretty close between him, WB, and aldo.

He uses flashier kicks, but not necessarily more variety.

You have to be kidding. Wonderboy will throw—and land, so no, not just flash— various types of kicks:

Leg kicks:

giphy.gif

Side kick to the body, then same set up to side kick to the head:

wonderboy-side-kick-level-change-comp.gif

Axe kicks

giphy.gif

high round kick and a front body kick in the same combo:

SlipperyMeanFrog.gif

Jumping roundhouse kicks

stephen-jumping-kick.gif

Lead hook kicks:

giphy.gif

Spinning heel kicks

s5gkrQS.gif

Lead leg question mark type kick:
ixOQettkt9Xpu.gif

And of course:

tumblr_mdq2m9VX281ry1rm7o4_r2_400.gif

I have no idea how you can possibly say he doesn't have more variety than Barboza.

Last edited:
You have to be kidding. Wonderboy will throw—and land, so no, not just flash— various types of kicks:

Leg kicks:

giphy.gif

Side kick to the body, then same set up to side kick to the head:

wonderboy-side-kick-level-change-comp.gif

Axe kicks

giphy.gif

high round kick and a front body kick in the same combo:

SlipperyMeanFrog.gif

Jumping roundhouse kicks

stephen-jumping-kick.gif

Lead hook kicks:

giphy.gif

Spinning heel kicks

s5gkrQS.gif

And of course:

tumblr_mdq2m9VX281ry1rm7o4_r2_400.gif

I have no idea how you can possibly say he doesn't have more variety than Barboza.
He doesn't use those types of kicks on a regular basis, and certainly not against the likes of Hendricks and Rory, for obvious reasons. I concede, Wonderboy has used more types of kicks than Barboza, but Barboza has a loaded arsenal of his own.

He doesn't use those types of kicks on a regular basis, and certainly not against the likes of Hendricks and Rory, for obvious reasons. I concede, Wonderboy has used more types of kicks than Barboza, but Barboza has a loaded arsenal of his own.

Half of those gifs were from the Hendricks fight lol. He used a lot of leg kicks against Rory, and popped Rory's nose open with a spinning heel kick. He used more, but I can't be arsed to gif the fight.

I would agree, Barboza is the best kicker. Wonderboy is great as well but doesn't have the same power, so I'm holding Edson a bit higher.
Wonderboy has finished 2 ranked opponents with leg kicks. Edson hasn't.

his speed is ridiculous. Made pettis look slow

Aldo barely ever throws his acclaimed "devastating leg kicks", this guy is the real definition of kicker. Outkicked Pettis too.

Are you implying that Aldo doesn't have Devastating Leg Kicks? Either you have really short memory or you never watched WEC.

Just because Aldo hasn't used them in his last couple of fights doesn't mean they're not there.

As for Barboza, if only he had a more solid chin. The guy is way too brittle.

If Reem had a great chin no one would beat him.

That's a better case of a fighter would be if he had something.

Nah, Overeem's real problem isn't his chin, it's his cardio.

Reem attacks and defends extremely well while he's still 100% in the game. But when he tires he gets sloppy and that's when people find his chin. Overeem becomes a whole different fighter when he tires. We saw this against Chuck Lidell especially, and that's why Econoreem was born, to avoid the Overgas problem.

he's one of the hardest kickers but the best ? the best imo are Wonderboy and SpIder Silva

Plus Barb has finished 2 guys with leg kicks? Who else has done that? I can only think of Anthony Hardonk as the other (Maybe Pat Berry???)

Speed and Power is without a doubt Barboza. It shouldn't even be a conversation in that department, however both guys have fantastic technique. Wonderboy has that Karate style kicking where as Barboza's kicking technique is more Muay Thai. They both are equally proficient in their respect styles.

Not to start trouble but since USADA pettis has looked strangely average in terms of his athleticism.

I cant say thats it. If you just watch barboza's inside leg kick,it is uncommonly quick. It is ridiculous

In that order:

1- Wonderboy (technical, pinpoint accuracy, KO power, variety)
2- Barboza (explosiveness & power)
3- Aldo (explosiveness & damage, ask Urijah ;) )
4- Reem (dutch school)
5- Pettis ( a lot of creativity in his prime)

First off, that's awesome that (I'm assuming) you've trained with Wonderboy. But, have you ever been kicked by Barboza?
Yeah, I trained with Stephen for years. And no, I haven't been kicked by Barboza. I didn't see the "same" in the post so my bad. Stephen kicks like a fucking mule, though.

I didn't say that he doesn't have power, I said that he doesn't have as much power as Barboza. If you haven't been kicked by both your experience doesn't really apply to that statement, and I think that the fights have shown Barboza to deal more damage overall with his kicks.

You're right. As I said in another reply, I didn't see the "same" in your post. No disrespect intended. It's funny how Stephen has indeed finished more fights with his hands than feet overall because I'm telling you the guy kicks like fucking hell.

give it up man he got ya beat

Back