Barboza about McGregor: "I would rip his leg off"

Magomedov, the guy he just beat, was being pegged as a champion-in-waiting by some "in the know", so it was moreso him that was overrated. Dariush kills hype for a living. Magmodeov, James Vick, Carlos Diego Ferreira, all undefeated in the UFC until Benny got his hands on them.

LOL pegged by whom? People who can see through the padded Russian record already knew he was a SOLID top 15-20 but not great by any means. None of those fighters you mentioned were ever pegged as great by anyone "in the know"

I think this is Connor's biggest draw, he appears very beatable. It makes all his fights interesting because everyone he fights is conviced that they can beat him. It's not like a prime Anderson or GSP where everyone pretty much knew what was going to happen before the fight even started. Even as good as Connor is, he has clear weaknesess that can be (but rarely are) exploited.

Exactly.
Every fight still has a question.
Every one is still a nail biter.

LOL pegged by whom? People who can see through the padded Russian record already knew he was a SOLID top 15-20 but not great by any means. None of those fighters you mentioned were ever pegged as great by anyone "in the know"

Professional fight analysts Zane Simon and Conor Ruebusch, among others. Your hot takes are really boring, btw.

People shit on Edson because he got dropped by a straight left (not a jab idiots) but he took a lot of punches in his last couple of fights and was ok.

Edson-Conor would be an awesome matchup.

RHODES: How do you think you would win?
BARBOZA: I fight him standing, brother. I'm going to brawl. Certainly. No doubt. I would rip his leg off.
RHODES: You have to be careful with his straight left.
BARBOZA: Yeah, but when he punches, he leaves the leg exactly in the place I like to kick.

Not surprising every fighter and his dog will mention Conor.
He is the money fight.

Fighters will say anything to stay relevant and notices....they are not stupid.

His chin is only slightly better than my 13 year old niece's, Conor would put him to sleep with the first left he throws

Barboza has some nasty kicks for sure, but if he plans on countering like that I'm gonna guess Conor can take more kicks to the leg than Barboza can left hands to the chin.

I don't think Barboza has more power than C Mac but Barb's boxing technique in general is way more advanced than Mac's. Faster, lighter on feet. If he can absorb Connie's thunderous left then there's no reason to believe Eddie won't disfigure Mac's legs and face.

I think Edson is the easiest matchup in the LW top 5 for Conor

Which tells you how scary LW is. That chin would not hold up though

Ask Holloway how those leg kicks worked out Edson.

Sequence 01.gif

BR6wA-xCIAAXGh9.jpg

Lol. Dat glass chin won't last against Conor.
It's not granite but it's hardly glass. He's taken plenty of punishment and survived. The stunning jab from Cowboy was a bit of an anomaly imo.

Interesting fight. Barboza can do some serious damage with his kicks, and Conor can't kick for sh*t. If Barboza can land multiple low kicks in the first round, he takes away Conor's movement and his chances to win the fight. But if Conor lands the big left punch, it can be all over. I'm done for this fight, should be a good one.

Conor will touch that chin quick and will end it in the first.

Couple kicks to that leg from Barboza and Mac wouldn't be able to generate power for the straight left. Definitely an interesting match up, Barboza has increased his standing defense exponentially over the years.
This man understands mma. Im happy

Couple of kicks to a lead leg and cant generate power for straights??? Why not?

Because when you throw a cross your weight is supposed to transfer to your front leg. Absorbing power leg kicks, will make it harder to put enough weight on that leg, thus making his straight left less powerful. Add the fact that barbosa's rear leg kick would be targeted to the inside of Conor's leg, which Is more sensitive making the accumulation of damage quicker than kicks to the outside of the leg.

Last edited:
Well if Cerrone could blast him with a jab.... McGregor will find that chin if he brawls, fo sure.

Relentless, very skilled grapplers with endless gas tanks would also beat Conor I think. Otherwise I agree.
Its hilarious to see how many pre-faces people have to use to "create an opponent who can trouble" Conor

Kind of speaks to Conor's greatness: )

"Well...Conor still hasnt fought anyone with the wrestling of Kerlin, who has the boxing of Floyd, whos 10 feet tall, who spits fire out of his mouth, and who can fly......therefore, still unproven"

I think this is Connor's biggest draw, he appears very beatable. It makes all his fights interesting because everyone he fights is conviced that they can beat him. It's not like a prime Anderson or GSP where everyone pretty much knew what was going to happen before the fight even started. Even as good as Connor is, he has clear weaknesess that can be (but rarely are) exploited.

Yet you wont ever be able to detail those so called "weaknesses" and prove it with any kind of consistent examples

Your post is so hilariously off the mark its amusing

Shertards who dont know shit about MMA who are always picking against Conor no matter who he fights, dont mean anything

Theres a reason WHY Conor is always the favorite

Theres a reason WHY, when it comes time to actually put your money where your mouth is, Conor is always the betting favorite

Because when money is on the line and it comes time to look at fights objectively, Conor's skills and fight IQ are undeniably next dimension compared to all his peers

Conor is the biggest draw in combat sports...BECAUSE OF CONOR...and theres many reasons that come from that

Conor's charisma
Conor's skills and IQ
Conor's exciting style
Conor always backing everything up

You could list a hundred reasons....but none of them have to do with what you are saying

Conor would still sell 1 million buys fighting a janitor in the high school gym

One of those reaons for Conor's monumental start power is also the fact Conor is always attempting to make history etc

Back