Barboza about McGregor: "I would rip his leg off"

they're talking trash like mcgregor does, what's the problem with that?

There is no problem with it but it just means that conor is in their heads, than they start playing conors game which is disadvantage unless they are naturally like that.

Couple kicks to that leg from Barboza and Mac wouldn't be able to generate power for the straight left. Definitely an interesting match up, Barboza has increased his standing defense exponentially over the years.

So much so that you trust him against the most accurate and lethal puncher in the division, possibly the sport?

That's like saying a glass chinned fighter at LHW has improved his defense, so you trust him against Anthony Johnson.

Super interesting matchup.

Relentless, very skilled grapplers with endless gas tanks would also beat Conor I think. Otherwise I agree.
Yeah, I have said for a long time that Khabib will beat him but in the later rounds, it could get interesting as Khabib has in the past shown a propensity for gassing. However, it looks like he has rectified that. MJ also exploited some holes in his game and I think Conor is starting to seal up that TDD but it will be interesting for sure, if it ever happens.

There is no problem with it but it just means that conor is in their heads, than they start playing conors game which is disadvantage unless they are naturally like that.
not at all, they're putting their names out there and in the process making more money with it

eddie was fine in the fight, he just lost to a better man. chad was also fine in the fight (if you ignore the short notice factor) and implemented his gameplan to a tee

ha, I would never get outsmarted by you

giphy.gif

Then why in a thread

about Edson & Conor

are you bringing up Mike Perry?

You're losing it

You're looking far too deeply into some simple words.

Clearly I have a bias, but I think Edson would give him a good fight. Very fast, very aggressive and mixes it up well on the feet.

Barboza has some nasty kicks for sure, but if he plans on countering like that I'm gonna guess Conor can take more kicks to the leg than Barboza can left hands to the chin.
Actually Conor lost his balance on both of the leg kicks from Alvarez and those were two of the first strikes so Conor was on completely fresh legs.

I have very little faith in the chin of Barboza, but if he fought like he did against Pettis he could pick him off.

Barboza is so brutal with those kicks that he could beat anyone on his day, and the lack of a grappling threat with Conor would heavily favor Edson. He would have to stay disciplined and not brawl what so ever, him saying he would brawl is a little worrying for me - but hey, perhaps it's a bad translation.

WAR BARBOZA!

not at all, they're putting their names out there and in the process making more money with it

eddie was fine in the fight, he just lost to a better man. chad was also fine in the fight (if you ignore the short notice factor) and implemented his gameplan to a tee

2 TKOs are not fine in my book. I do agree conor was the better man but you have to put yourself in a position to win even if things arent in your favor. The money and exposure, yes that is true they will gain from it, performance wise not so much.

Id favor Barboza. And he'd likely be an underdog. Styles.

McGregor has looked really vulnerable to leg kicks against Siver and Alvarez, but i'm not sure Barboza can keep him at kicking range

Barboza has some nasty kicks for sure, but if he plans on countering like that I'm gonna guess Conor can take more kicks to the leg than Barboza can left hands to the chin.

I doubt Conor takes 3 solid. I don't know about Barboza...

lol @ people acting like this fight has any shot of happening

Conor is a prize fighter

Edson is a midcard filler

there's levels to this thing

Back