Barboza about McGregor: "I would rip his leg off"

Renzo Machida

Carlson Gracie Lineage
@Orange
Reaction score

RHODES: How do you think you would win?
BARBOZA: I fight him standing, brother. I'm going to brawl. Certainly. No doubt. I would rip his leg off.
RHODES: You have to be careful with his straight left.
BARBOZA: Yeah, but when he punches, he leaves the leg exactly in the place I like to kick.

Barboza has some nasty kicks for sure, but if he plans on countering like that I'm gonna guess Conor can take more kicks to the leg than Barboza can left hands to the chin.

Lol. Dat glass chin won't last against Conor.

Couple kicks to that leg from Barboza and Mac wouldn't be able to generate power for the straight left. Definitely an interesting match up, Barboza has increased his standing defense exponentially over the years.

Couple kicks to that leg from Barboza and Mac wouldn't be able to generate power for the straight left. Definitely an interesting match up, Barboza has increased his standing defense exponentially over the years.

Doesn't need to. Could just touch him and make him do the stanky leg.

Jaime Varner?
20121230121645_jamie_varner.JPG

McG via airstream of whiffed left hand.

RHODES: How do you think you would win?
BARBOZA: I fight him standing, brother. I'm going to brawl. Certainly. No doubt. I would rip his leg off.
RHODES: You have to be careful with his straight left.
BARBOZA: Yeah, but when he punches, he leaves the leg exactly in the place I like to kick.

Conor would rip his head off

Not gonna happen. Conor is a legit blackbelt wit dem hands.

Barboza's chin would be cracked and he would be finished.

Everybody would rip his leg off, everybody would take him down and maul him, everyone would make him tap , everyone would beat him up in the clinch, everyone would expose something in his stand up......yet , he seems to put every single fighter on queer street and is the head cheese of 2 different weight classes..

Im not even close to one of conors bigger supporters but i wish these fighters would just shut up and recognize the absolute and obvious handful he is in that cage.

This fight will never happen. But it's very bad match up for Conor. He stands very heavy on his lead leg and he don't move from his position. If Barboza could avoid first shots from Conor by landing several low kicks, it's game over for Mcgregor.

Couple of kicks to a lead leg and cant generate power for straights??? Why not?

Pretty bad match up stylistically for Conor...as are most of the LW top 5. Would love to see this fight. Barboza glass chin is kind of a myth...let's be real. He's ate some big shots since the Varner/Cerrone fight. But that doesn't mean Conor can't KO him.

Barboza incredibly overrated. There's a reason why he's never come close to a title shot. Has no chance against the top fighters.

Haha when are people going to learn? Conor feasts on the blood of Muay Thai strikers. If you wanna hang with Conor, you gotta be a legit boxer with legit boxing defense. If not, you are getting slept.

Back