Barao's weaknesses analysed "Killing the King: Renan Barao"

wowspare

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://fightland.vice.com/blog/killing-the-king-renan-barao

The Killing the King series is my commitment to analyzing the best fighters in the world today, the UFC champions, with an eye for weakness and how they can be exploited in the long run.

The idea is not to make me seem prophetic, it is simply to point out that the fight game is pretty scientific. Got a guy who pulls back a lot? Fake him out. Got a guy who moves a lot? Kick his legs or put him on the fence. There are ways to undo everyone's favorite tendencies, and there isn't a fighter

Last edited:
Every fighter has weaknesses but barao is a great fighter in all areas and is one of the most exciting fighters .

That's why he's champion, that's why they're all the champs they adapt and overcome everything that's thrown at them in Tue cage. You stop barao either with plaster in your gloves or he fights a bigger guy

The main problem as I see it is entirely different. It is mainly that Barao is DANGEROUS, in that as long as he isnt knocked the hell out he can do that to you in any move, same quality there is in fighters like Glover Teixeira, Thiago Silva and some other mainly Brasilian brawlers.
Dillshaw can dominate, hassle and even win, but as long as he doesnt knock him out, and the fight is a long 5 round one, any second that Barao is standing he can get a brutal KO from him.
Its a damn scary quality, that brawler mentality he has.

I usually enjoy Jack's stuff, but to be honest I can't be bothered to read this one.

Suck on that, Dana.

michael mcdonald was boxing barao's head off?

did we watch the same fight

i know the kinda knockdown but other than that it wasnt that of a dominance at all

Pickett has great boxing but Barao destroyed him in the standup. Why? Because he incorporated a lot of kicks.

In his 1st round against Wineland he didn't use much kicks at all.

He needs to get into the habbit of kicking boxers, and grappling kidnappers.

Pickett has great boxing but Barao destroyed him in the standup. Why? Because he incorporated a lot of kicks.

In his 1st round against Wineland he didn't use much kicks at all.

He needs to get into the habbit of kicking boxers, and grappling kidnappers.

Autocorrect, yes? funny image though

michael mcdonald was boxing barao's head off?

did we watch the same fight

i know the kinda knockdown but other than that it wasnt that of a dominance at all

IIRC McDonald had 2 rounds to Barao's 1 heading into the 4th

Hope he gets food poisoning or never recovers from the weight cut?

Those are about the only ways I see him losing in the next 5 years

Why look for a weakness in Barao?
His opponents have bigger weaknesses.

must of missed that fight where Wineland got demolished by Faber lol

Back