Barao

....nahhh, not even close...

he's quick with it but doesn't really set it up well and only throws it with one leg.
his back kick on wineland was more like a spinning push kick, eddie wasn't even hurt by it

there are better back kicks from

barboza
uriah hall
siver
cruickshank
etc.

even JDS set up his back kick KO of mark hunt better and that one was basically in slow mo

Sounds like you don't even know the difference between spinning back kick / spinning wheel kick / spinning heel kick, etc. So maybe you shouldn't be critiquing top fighters' kicking techniques.

Sounds like you don't even know the difference between spinning back kick / spinning wheel kick / spinning heel kick, etc. So maybe you shouldn't be critiquing top fighters' kicking techniques.

Alright buddy, since you pushed me...

Yes baraos is generally a spinning back kick whereas barbozas was a spinning crescent kick vitors a spinning heel kick jds and cruickshank a spinning wheel kick and halls a spinning hook kick. The general trajectory is very similar though the back kick is linear while the hook kick and crescent are virtually circular. My point still remains and I think Dennis sivers SPINNING BACK KICK is better than baraos

the same people saying barao is overrated were saying dillshaw sucks and has no chance...lol freakin noobs

Barao was off that night much like Cain vs Cigano 1 and paid the price. Let`s wait till hi snext fight so we can talk.

My point still remains and I think Dennis sivers SPINNING BACK KICK is better than baraos

What makes you say that? Barao TKO'd Eddie Wineland with a spinning back kick to the face followed by punches, I remember Siver getting a nice spinning back kick to the body against some guy a while back but Renan doing that to Eddie is much more impressive than anything Siver has done.

What makes you say that? Barao TKO'd Eddie Wineland with a spinning back kick to the face followed by punches, I remember Siver getting a nice spinning back kick to the body against some guy a while back but Renan doing that to Eddie is much more impressive than anything Siver has done.

Barao TKO'd Eddie on the ground. It was a just stoppage but the back kick that sent him to the floor only knocked him off balance. He was completely conscious until barao started dropping bombs

Barao was off that night much like Cain vs Cigano 1 and paid the price. Let`s wait till hi snext fight so we can talk.

Nope, sorry bro. Someone finally stepped in front of Renan who would match his intensity, not fear his power, and slowly took him out. I hear every Brasilian on the site now claiming that Renan was sluggish due to the weight cut, didn't look normal, didnt get a big enough break, etc. Guess what? Dillashaw had the same weight cut. Dillashawn outworked, dropped and used precision striking to make Renan look "not normal." Renan lost that fight fair and absolutely fucking square. Learn to deal with that! Only one champ left, Brasil....hopefully Mendez doesn't channel Dillashaw's style huh???

You're an idiot. Go watch one of his other fights before you post.

Funny, ive never missed a UFC event for years including having attended some.

Its all a hype machine with the UFC and I never bought into it. Same as every Jose Aldo fight. Ive never been hugely impressed but obviously they both always get the W. ( Although I rate Aldo as a lot better technically than Renan ).

Baraos past opponents have been average. Tell me any of them who have been great before he fought them? Its hardly the same level of competition as JBJ and GSP had to go through.

Baraos past opponents have been average. Tell me any of them who have been great before he fought them? Its hardly the same level of competition as JBJ and GSP had to go through.

faber1.jpg

Renan Barao is the real deal, he had a bad weight cut and TJ was the best hes ever been.

I look for Barao to start slaughtering people at 145 next and I expect it will only make him tougher.

Anyone saying Barao sucks can go sit on a dick. He's still a monster and always will be, TJ was just the better fighter on the night. Whether it's TJ being flat out better or Barao having an off-day, he got beat down hard- that doesn't mean all his prior accomplishments are just thrown out the window. Go watch his last fight against Faber and say he's overrated.

Seriously, every time someone loses they're 'overrated'. GSP is already inferior to 5 people at WW (even though he never actually lost), Anderson made his career from fighting cans, and Jones/Aldo/Cain/MM are completely invulnerable, no one beats them. Barao was part of the latter list, but now he's lost he's in the first list again.

People are dumb.

It was just a bad day. All fighters have their off days. Before we begin to talk about how good he really was, he should get another chance. The rematch , whenever it happens, will settle it. I am not ready to believe that Barao was just overrated. He wasn't.

It was just a bad day. All fighters have their off days. Before we begin to talk about how good he really was, he should get another chance. The rematch , whenever it happens, will settle it. I am not ready to believe that Barao was just overrated. He wasn't.

This. I'm confident that Barao will do better in the rematch.

I guess TS made the same thread when GSP lost to Serra.

I know its the done thing to slaughter a fighter after they lose, but has anyone ever really thought Barao was all that? Ive never seen any great technique or speed everytime ive watched him. He does have that killer instinct I will say that but I never felt he was ever a truly outstanding fighter. TJ just done what Dominic Cruz would've done to Barao had they met.

You're too much of an idiot, even for trolling.

What's souless Baraos' dress size?

Barao TKO'd Eddie on the ground. It was a just stoppage but the back kick that sent him to the floor only knocked him off balance. He was completely conscious until barao started dropping bombs

Not to mention Siver has two TKO's resulting from spinning back kicks, I think. One was where he broke a dudes ribs and he couldn't keep going, from memory, think it was around UFC 105 or so. I'd need to look it up, but I remember him just caving this dudes midsection in.

Oh, and in response to the thread - no, I never believed Barao was a top 5 P4P monster, but I always - and proudly still! - think he is genuinely elite and an awesome fighter. One loss doesn't change that in any way.

Back