Barao looked... pretty sad during the fight

Guess not being able to dominate a challenger(like he did to the 4 before)...getting worked over where you thought you had the edge(standing).....and feeling like you're drowning because you're opp is winning round after round,has knocked you down twice, and you can barely connect with any of your strikes MIGHT MAKE A GUY a lil "sad"....or maybe it was the fact that after the 3rd rd he knew he was in a hole and had to finish tj to keep his belt, but he also didn't know how he could.......I dunno maybe his dog died

Barao is a good fighter and inarguably #2 in the division...dude'll be back

Good work from tj

TJ fought an amazing first round and rocked Barao hard.

He followed up in the remaining rounds and nailed Barao hard multiple times in each. I wouldn't be surprised if Barao never truly recovered from the first round.

After getting smashed and flash KO'ed in the first, what would you expect??? TJ whooped his @ss bad. I loved every second of the fight.

he looked exactly as he always does UNTIL he got dropped hard and then he changed, he was just a deer in the headlights the rest of the fight. it became a mismatch

Noticed his expressive eyes throughout the successive rounds after he got dropped in the 1st and you could tell that he was panicking.

happens when you get the acai beaten out of you from first bell to head kicked 23 minutes later.

It's almost like he was.... getting beat up.

jdsface.gif

An ass whooping tends to have that effect.

I think it was his own fault by coming into the fight overconfident and resting on his laurels .In this game you prepare for anyone like he's your toughest fight ever and have plan B,C.D,...This time his usual style didn't work against the challenger causing him to be befuddled with no back-up plan,utterly clueless..But It's understandable you lose sometimes and We can only judge him on how he comes back from his misfortune.Like Fedor said :It's not how hard you fall,it's how hard you come back.

Honestly, Barao didn't know where he was at the end of the first round so it's not shocking he didn't recover. Still was hard to believe though, I expected Barao to bounce back but he never did. Props to TJ, glad someone got that strap for Team Alpha Male.

Yeah he looked like he got rocked really hard and couldn't deal with the pressure.

I'm not sure he was totally there even before the knock down.

Back