Barao: "I was prepared for this fight and I guarantee I'll be better next time."

Good to see no excuses, just optimism for a rematch.
He's young, hopefully a beatdown like that is something he learns from and improves his game.

lol defo shouldve added some "lols" to that post.... I meant no disrespect to Barao, as much as some wont believe me its true

No harm done; but you do realize how obnoxious you sounded, right?
I mean, they guy lost. He offered no excuse and was very respectful towards TJ. The very least we'd expect is for people to show the same.

Good to see no excuses, just optimism for a rematch.
He's young, hopefully a beatdown like that is something he learns from and improves his game.

I think more over the fact he never lost, he could have "slacked off" a little.
Now, with this humbling loss, it should light a little fire under him....

I am curious to see how he will respond.

No harm done; but you do realize how obnoxious you sounded, right?
I mean, they guy lost. He offered no excuse and was very respectful towards TJ. The very least we'd expect is for people to show the same.

Barao is a killer, all I meant was that I didnt see anything from him in that fight to show me he could do any better a 2nd time around.

What should he say? "thanks for the support...im glad to be alive...im never fighting this guy TJ again...he scares the shit out of me...i'd rather retire with the millions i made while champion"...or just "i back, i back"...lol
I would've said this even though I speak fluent English.
It was a little deflating to watch Barao get dethroned in a fight where he looked bad more than his opponent looked good (which may be deceptive; see Jake Shields), but on the other hand it's really exciting to see what happens coming out of this. Will Barao come back and look strong again in his next fight? Can Dillashaw make other top Bantamweights look as bad as he did Barao? It'll be really interesting to see if Dillashaw/Assuncao 2 looks like a completely different fight than the first one.

On the flip side, maybe this was basically just a Rd 1 KO that dragged on for 5 rounds, but the guy was in no condition to keep fighting. We all saw what Cain did after getting KO'd be JDS. There's a lot of uncertainty at BW right now, so that's exciting.

What? TJ looked amazing in there. In fact I would say its the opposite, TJ looked so good precisely because Renan was always in the fight swinging for his head and fishing for subs.

It was a little deflating to watch Barao get dethroned in a fight where he looked bad more than his opponent looked good (which may be deceptive; see Jake Shields), but on the other hand it's really exciting to see what happens coming out of this. Will Barao come back and look strong again in his next fight? Can Dillashaw make other top Bantamweights look as bad as he did Barao? It'll be really interesting to see if Dillashaw/Assuncao 2 looks like a completely different fight than the first one.

On the flip side, maybe this was basically just a Rd 1 KO that dragged on for 5 rounds, but the guy was in no condition to keep fighting. We all saw what Cain did after getting KO'd be JDS. There's a lot of uncertainty at BW right now, so that's exciting.

Interesting point of view.

Good to hear. It's always cringey at best when a Brazilian makes excuses.

Barao's a helluva fighter and I see him coming back AMD hopefully regaining that best

WAR BARAO!!!

barao is a good dude. no excuses and accepted his defeat like a man.

First round ruined him. Fought like a concussed person would after that... wonder why?

You're not allowed to say that on Sherdog.

The 'analysts' have already decided that the winner 'dominated' and the loser 'has nothing' for the winner.

Back