Barao: "I was prepared for this fight and I guarantee I'll be better next time."

Anti-Brazilian excuse brigade is stunned. But I am sure they'll find something to cheer over.

I'm not going to lie, didn't think TJ was capable of such feats. I hope Barao does come back and we get to see a rematch.

Last edited:
I think it will be like JDS vc Cain 1. He was off since the start of first round and after the big punch he was on auto. The difference with Cain is that JDS hits like a truck in full speed.Also after that big punch I don`t think Cain would survive that fight if somehow he survive that first round against JDS.

TJ was great but Barao was off for some reason unknow maybe 2 big weight cuts so near or over-trainer. Also ppl are talking that TJ was coming of a war but did he trained for 5 rounds for his fight on January like Barao did in February ?

Train for 5 rounds so soon might be a problem for those guys who cut so much weight.

Next time Barao don`t try to save an event if u think ur body is not ready to fight so soon.

Lol. I like Barao but this is ridiculous. Barao never made any excuses, so why are you looking for excuses?

Brazil..

So no excuse from a Brazilian? Thats odd

Didn't stop Marlon Sandro from making excuses for him.

I felt bad for Barao, the guy was on queer street most of that fight and never gave up. Much hespect.

There's no need for a rematch. Anderson was knocked out cold and gets a rematch, Barao gets dominated then TKO'd and seemingly gets a rematch, Jones wins a razor-thin decision and doesn't need to rematch Gus? If a guy loses a title fight, there shouldn't be an immediate rematch. Much respect to Renan, though.

is it reaching? or is it honesty?

He is totally respectful, no excuses, and coming back for more fights, and you still manage to (kind of) rip on him.

Definitely reaching. You seem like a trolly douchebag anyway, so why is anyone surprised.

I'm getting annoyed with the new unofficial rule of getting instant rematches for the champs. Let barao fight someone else, I wanna see TJ fight another challenger as well.

He is totally respectful, no excuses, and coming back for more fights, and you still manage to (kind of) rip on him.

Definitely reaching. You seem like a trolly douchebag anyway, so why is anyone surprised.

as Ive already stated in this thread, I wasnt ripping him. all I meant was he didnt show anything in that fight to warrant anyone thinking he could do better in a 2nd fight

thats all

oh and its nice to be known on sherdog by randoms such as yourself:rolleyes:

Ok fair enough. He couldn't have got beaten more badly - I'll grant you that. He was obviously way off and can only get better.

I give him some chance in a rematch but would like to see him take a fight before that. Not sure who against though.

TJ is the real mystery. How good is he? I wasn't sure so didn't offer much of a prediction before yet fight. I'm still not super sure but obviously pretty damn good. I'd only seen him whole fight against Dodson so I'm also really looking forward to how he goes forward trying to defend the belt.

He's definitely got a chance in the rematch. There were times I was cringing when TJ seemed like he was getting a tad bit wreckless. Barao always seemed like he could still wing a punch and end it at certain points.

But man, that head movement was insane. TJ put on the performance of a lifetime.

is it reaching? or is it honesty?

it is being a D-Bag.
The dude just noted he had no excuse and lost.

Show some respect and STFU.

One punch can turn a whole fight around. If it was Barao who connected first, we would be talking on how much better he is than TJ, and 90% would not think TJ was at that level.

I am glad TJ won, but your obnoxious comment shows how dumb you truly are.

Love no excuses, just a promise of more hard work and a strong return. MAD RESPECT.

it is being a D-Bag.
The dude just noted he had no excuse and lost.

Show some respect and STFU.

One punch can turn a whole fight around. If it was Barao who connected first, we would be talking on how much better he is than TJ, and 90% would not think TJ was at that level.

I am glad TJ won, but your obnoxious comment shows how dumb you truly are.

lol defo shouldve added some "lols" to that post.... I meant no disrespect to Barao, as much as some wont believe me its true

I think it will be like JDS vc Cain 1. He was off since the start of first round and after the big punch he was on auto. The difference with Cain is that JDS hits like a truck in full speed.Also after that big punch I don`t think Cain would survive that fight if somehow he survive that first round against JDS.

TJ was great but Barao was off for some reason unknow maybe 2 big weight cuts so near or over-trainer. Also ppl are talking that TJ was coming of a war but did he trained for 5 rounds for his fight on January like Barao did in February ?

Train for 5 rounds so soon might be a problem for those guys who cut so much weight.

Next time Barao don`t try to save an event if u think ur body is not ready to fight so soon.

how dare barao only have 3 months after a fight where he dominated and didnt take any damage or injurh

Back