Barao: "I was prepared for this fight and I guarantee I'll be better next time."

I wonder if this loss is going to end up being like GSP vs. Serra where he comes back stronger, or Miguel Torres vs. Brian Bowles where he was never the same after.

is it reaching? or is it honesty?

lol honesty about what? your initial comment doesn't even address what Barao said, he said he came prepared and will come back improved . . . he didn't say he almost had him or it was a fluke win lol Dillashaw hasn't done anything to gain hate, but with fans like you, he will soon enough

You're such a troll wanna babe.. sad to see.
What's more, the word "butthurt" is so 2009..

sweet jeebus you people are hilarious, what did I say that was factually incorrect?:rolleyes:

lol honesty about what? your initial comment doesn't even address what Barao said, he said he came prepared and will come back improved . . . he didn't say he almost had him or it was a fluke win lol Dillashaw hasn't done anything to gain hate, but with fans like you, he will soon enough

he said he will come back improved.... I said "so whats he saying? he will win a round next time? because he got shut out on saturday"

that kind of addresses what he said numbnut. you must have a sad life to not like a fighter due to fans on sherdog

Nice, no excuses.

I'm sure he will be more competitive next time!

so whats he saying? he will win a round next time? because he got shut out on saturday

What should he say? "thanks for the support...im glad to be alive...im never fighting this guy TJ again...he scares the shit out of me...i'd rather retire with the millions i made while champion"...or just "i back, i back"...lol

What should he say? "thanks for the support...im glad to be alive...im never fighting this guy TJ again...he scares the shit out of me...i'd rather retire with the millions i made while champion"...or just "i back, i back"...lol

lol touche good sir:icon_chee

I wonder if this loss is going to end up being like GSP vs. Serra where he comes back stronger, or Miguel Torres vs. Brian Bowles where he was never the same after.

I think it will be like JDS vc Cain 1. He was off since the start of first round and after the big punch he was on auto. The difference with Cain is that JDS hits like a truck in full speed.Also after that big punch I don`t think Cain would survive that fight if somehow he survive that first round against JDS.

TJ was great but Barao was off for some reason unknow maybe 2 big weight cuts so near or over-trainer. Also ppl are talking that TJ was coming of a war but did he trained for 5 rounds for his fight on January like Barao did in February ?

Train for 5 rounds so soon might be a problem for those guys who cut so much weight.

Next time Barao don`t try to save an event if u think ur body is not ready to fight so soon.

butthurt much? :icon_chee:icon_chee

Not really. You'll see that I was never a massive fan of Barao. Just indifferent while respecting his ability.

I think it's cheap trolling to come on and belittle a great former champ who just lost the belt and offers no excuses, but rather wants to let everyone know that he will be back for the belt.

I don't often quote Fedor but "you must fall in order to stand up".

i think (hope) he will come back even stronger. he is arguably the most talented fighter in the division. maybe in the build-up to this fight he was distracted by noise like contract negotiations and felt overconfident since his last title defenses went too smooth and everybody was telling him that he is p4p best.

during the fight (ro me) he had a seriously surprised look in his face like being in a state of disbelief of what was happening right now (could also be due to the punch to the head in the first round). so it might be the loss or setback that some athlets need to become really extraordinary. i think barao is a very likable guy who seems to enjoy what he's doing. and he's still young so i am looking forward for a rematch (after tj - asuncao and one maybe barao - cruz/mcdonald).

Not really. You'll see that I was never a massive fan of Barao. Just indifferent while respecting his ability.

I think it's cheap trolling to come on and belittle a great former champ who just lost the belt and offers no excuses, but rather wants to let everyone know that he will be back for the belt.

I don't often quote Fedor but "you must fall in order to stand up".

belittling Barao was not my intention, I dont dislike him. I think he is a great fighter. I was only having a laugh, everyones taking my post more seriously than I intended.... maybe I shouldve added a couple "lol's" into it or something?

Barao is a killer, and will be back. I just didnt see anything in that fight that makes me think he can beat TJ in a rematch, thats all

seems like a classy response.

the thing with the "no excuses" thing is that Barao will get asked over and over again about why he would be able to beat TJ is they fought again. Eventually he will say "I had a few injuries" or "I wasn't mentally sharp" and the haters will be all over him for making excuses.

I get it that fighters make themselves look foolish when they offer up lame excuses post fight (I mean, Tito's cracked skull...). I just think that they are put in a tough situation. At some point they gotta say why they think that they will beat the guy next time. That involves something being different from the first fight. Which is easily interpreted as an excuse.

Personally I hope that Barao comes back strong and gets a rematch at some point. I just really want to see if TJ is really that good. It wasn't so much that TJ won, it was that he made Barao look so bad...

belittling Barao was not my intention, I dont dislike him. I think he is a great fighter. I was only having a laugh, everyones taking my post more seriously than I intended.... maybe I shouldve added a couple "lol's" into it or something?

Barao is a killer, and will be back. I just didnt see anything in that fight that makes me think he can beat TJ in a rematch, thats all
Ok fair enough. He couldn't have got beaten more badly - I'll grant you that. He was obviously way off and can only get better.

I give him some chance in a rematch but would like to see him take a fight before that. Not sure who against though.

TJ is the real mystery. How good is he? I wasn't sure so didn't offer much of a prediction before yet fight. I'm still not super sure but obviously pretty damn good. I'd only seen him whole fight against Dodson so I'm also really looking forward to how he goes forward trying to defend the belt.

Barao got his brakes beat off.

All hespect to him for manning through 4 1/2 rounds with that beat down.

Would love to see him come back stronger.

Back