Barao Got Cruz'd

Cruz is more technical and has better wrestling than TJ. Cruz also has a very high fight IQ.

TJ is faster though and hits harder. I think it was the speed with all that movement that threw Barao off.

That said, I've said it before, I think a healthy in shape Cruz would decision Barao.

More important, I think TJ would mop the floor with Cruz. Any version of Cruz.

The comparison to cruz imo is a little insulting to TJ. Cruz' movement can be erratic and pointless at times.

There was absolutely nothing erratic about TJ's movement. He fought a very disciplined fight.
this. Cruz looks like a mad man out there when he fights. TJ looked like a seasoned vet in the art of striking.

Cruz is more technical and has better wrestling than TJ. Cruz also has a very high fight IQ.

TJ is faster though and hits harder. I think it was the speed with all that movement that threw Barao off.

That said, I've said it before, I think a healthy in shape Cruz would decision Barao.
Wasnt TJ a division 1 ncaa wrestler?

And cruz has better technical striking then TJ??? What i saw last night puts TJ on a top 5 best striker in the ufc.

I agree but there are many contrarian idiots who are about to come in here bashing you. They will cite "similar footwork but more power" in their silly arguments about how night-and-day different last night's Dillashaw is to Cruz. Even though literally everyone reminisced of Dominick Cruz during last night's main event.

Except no one was reminded by Cruz's punching power, speed or combinations. The only thing that was remotely similar that people pointed out was the footwork. And I don't understand why you bring up pre injury Cruz, what the hell does he have to do with anything about last nights event? Stop living vicariously through Cruz from tj win you moron

Except no one was reminded by Cruz's punching power, speed or combinations. The only thing that was remotely similar was the footwork. And I don't understand why you bring pre injury Cruz, wtf does he have to do with anything about last nights event? Stop living vicariously through Cruz over tj win you moron

But again, literally everyone reminisced about Cruz. So something was there. The deliberately blind routine you and a handful of other contrarians on this site have been sticking to today is absolutely mind-boggling. You don't come across as "in the know", you come across as obtuse and argumentative dickheads.

I don't know why so many people are posting that Cruz would handle Barao, based on TJ's performance last night.

1. Barao may have had an off night.
2. Barao may have gotten hurt badly enough in the first and not recovered (Mayday did the same but Barao recovered)
3. Cruz's movement isn't always logical, it can be very random. So random in fact that he randomly walked into several of Faber's punches and got floored a couple times.
4. Barao handled Faber with ease compared to what Cruz did; Cruz survived a couple of scares and that fight was very even.
5. Maybe TJ has arrived at a higher level than Cruz ever was. There is not much that is similar about the two of them.

Maybe Cruz could handle Barao, but last night doesn't prove that.
Maybe Barao could handle Cruz, and maybe TJ could destroy Cruz.

Cruz had 2 finishes in his last 10 fights.
TJ has 7 finishes in his 10 fights.

I don't think Cruz would have hurt him early and put Barao off his game.

People recover dude. Ala Franky gray one and two. It was his style that put him off his game. Nobody except those two guys fight like that and Cruz does it even.better

People recover dude. Ala Franky gray one and two. It was his style that put him off his game. Nobody except those two guys fight like that and Cruz does it even.better

As I said last time you posted that.

Recover a bit sure, but fully no.

Had Renan got that leg lock he was trying for after the knockdown he still would have had a medical suspension, that was a huge punch, landed cleanly and it flash KOed him.

You can't just shake that off and be uneffected.

Yes Frankie probably took more from Gray then Barao did and went on to win, but no doubts it affected him.

I know Joe says cutting less weight will help with recovery so maybe that is true, if so it would explain Frankie coming back strongly while Renan basically just hung in there.

And of course Frankie doing that was something remarkable and very very far from the norm.

But again, literally everyone reminisced about Cruz. So something was there. The deliberately blind routine you and a handful of other contrarians on this site have been sticking to today is absolutely mind-boggling. You don't come across as "in the know", you come across as obtuse and argumentative dickheads.

Nobody thought that until piss potting apologists like yourself decided to throw Cruz's name out there. The guy is so irrelevant, hasn't fought in like 3 years and we will never know if he will even come back. Also, he was champion when the the division was at its weakest.

He had his chance against Barao, but got injured...YET again.

Sorry man, but the dominick you think would wreck Barao only exists in your head. It is a poor attempt to hide your hate towards BARAO imo.

Wasnt TJ a division 1 ncaa wrestler?

And cruz has better technical striking then TJ??? What i saw last night puts TJ on a top 5 best striker in the ufc.

TJ didn't have a stand out wrestling career or anything, he was just there. Besides in MMA wrestling Cruz has show far more ability to take people down.

I said Cruz is more technical in general not in striking. In striking Cruz has better boxing than TJ.

I was going to respond by essentially saying this. TJ might be stronger but Cruz is faster and has a better gas tank. Cruz fights at the same speed in the 5th as he does in the first. TJ definitely slowed down.

I agree but there are many contrarian idiots who are about to come in here bashing you. They will cite "similar footwork but more power" in their silly arguments about how night-and-day different last night's Dillashaw is to Cruz. Even though literally everyone reminisced of Dominick Cruz during last night's main event.

What's contrarian? Including this fight, 4 of TJ's 6 UFC wins were finishes. Cruz hasn't "finished" a fight since Brian Bowles broke his hand back in the WEC and couldn't continue (and really, how is that any way attributed to Cruz beyond having a hard head?). Cruz' last proper finish was in 2007 against a guy who retired with a 1-5 overall record ( http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kenneth-Aimes-20487 ).

Yes, Dillashaw showed some footwork and movement similar to Dominick Cruz' style, BUT, TJ also has demonstrated that he has much more power in those hands, so his punches are going to be more effective than Cruz'. Yeah, Cruz may land on Barao in similar numbers as TJ did, but without the same power behind those punches, they likely won't have the same effect that TJ's did. Cruz likely won't get that first round knockdown and near finish that, according to any article I've seen post-fight, really affected Barao's ability to fight the rest of the night.

The comparison to cruz imo is a little insulting to TJ. Cruz' movement can be erratic and pointless at times.

There was absolutely nothing erratic about TJ's movement. He fought a very disciplined fight.

Agreed, Cruz's movement is only one step above Guida's movement for the sake of movement sometimes.

Back