Barao... first interim champ to be used properly.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ILikeDogging, Sep 22, 2013.

1. ILikeDogging

ILikeDogging Blue Belt

As far as I can remember in the past the UFC has created interim champs in a completely redundant fashion. They've been number 1 contender fights, not interim belt fights.

The two that spring to mind are Carwin-Mir and Condit-Diaz.

For the Carwin-Mir fight I think it was decided before the fight that the winner would face Brock.

Condit-Diaz - UFC let Condit sit out donkeys years for GSP instead of keeping the division ticking over like an interim belt should.

With Barao as interim champ there's been some interesting match ups that have kept the division active. Now when Cruz comes back there should be a great match up waiting.

2. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

Hi Cruz, how's that knee going?

3. Hypersky

Hypersky Purple Belt

Truth , but Cruz should have been stripped by now imo. Barao is the true champ

4. Cyantist

Cyantist Red Belt

Cruz fan but not gonna lie. Cruz has NOTHING for Renan. Cruz is fast and most people cant hit him but that fucking wheel kick or w/e it was, so goddamn fast. That would hit Cruz and rock him badly.

5. ILikeDogging

ILikeDogging Blue Belt

So apparently this thread is:

Cruz vs Barao. Who wins?

Sherdog has the worst ADD ever.

6. Funkasaurus

Funkasaurus Purple Belt

Yeah, I suppose

It does a great job in hyping the Barao/Cruz fight and gives it a bit of a story

7. sangreporsangre

sangreporsangre Gold Belt

Yea Im glad he's fighting and not sitting around waiting for Cruz, but come on he should be considered the champ at this point, drop the "interm". Its nothing against Cruz, he never lost the belt in the cage, but he was forced to abdicate the title due to injury. I mean by the rationale the UFC is using, Cain is just the latest in a series of interim HW champs, the real champion is Bas Rutten