Barao did better (than I remember) after rewatching the fight muted.

TJ looked like a guy who was fighting a little cautiously, probably his gameplan. You dont want to rush in to barao. But he looked like he kept gaining confidence and being more aggressive because he was just two steps ahead of barao.

So it just looked to me like he could have been even more dominant but chose to be a little careful. Might change my mind on a rewatch though.

I'm not arguing with u guys, those who said Barao took a beating, he did. Just not as bad as I thought he did in between rounds, which, of course, doesn't change the outcome of the fight- he was finished.

So basically Barao got his ass kicked but not that bad?

So basically Barao got his ass kicked but not that bad?

Not that bad as I thought he did for the first time, yes. As crazy as it sounds.
I mean, in GENERAL, he took a huge beating, because he got finished, simple. But round 2-3-4 were not as one sided as I thought, thus I like the rematch a litttle bit more than at first. I hope you feel me.

When I watched it originally, the, uh, "broadcast" I was watching didn't have English commentary. My impression watching the fight live was: it was a pretty one-sided fight in favor of Dillashaw, who looks about the same as usual, whereas Barao looks much worse than usual (especially after getting dropped in the first).

So when I came on here and read all the threads about how T.J. completely transformed himself, I was initially a bit mystified. Then, I read about Rogan's commentary in the fight, and it all made sense.

Whenever the heavy underdog starts doing well or takes the lead, Rogan marks out and ignores almost everything the favorite/champ does. He did this in the Aldo vs Edgar fight, the GSP vs Hendricks fight, and the Jones vs Gustafsson fight. All close fights, except Aldo vs Edgar (Aldo clearly won).

He'll only start to give the heavy favorite any credit if he/she does significant damage to change the tide in their.

Barao got beat, bad, but Rogan tends to exaggerate and he did here as well. He made it seem as if Barao couldn't land a single punch.

I have been muting the commentary and playing music instead for a few years during PPVs. For some reason Anik and others do not bother me much.

I felt Barao won the second arguably but I could see it going to TJ

TJ pretty much sealed it up in the first round, excellent performance but I'm picking Barao in the rematch!

I just watched it on mute also and this time barao actually subbed TJ. It was tough to see and hear with rogan, but barao clearly tapped TJ out. The commentary is seriously distorting things. turn it on and watch for yourself. Barao gets the belt, a whole different dimension practically exists in rewatching fights on mute

I watch all the big events at some type of bar/restaurant deal so fights are always on mute. TJ whopped that ass from start to finish. I kept waiting for Bareo to catch him with something slick, but it never happened

Back