Barao did better (than I remember) after rewatching the fight muted.

I think Joe sounded bias because nobody thought Barao was going to get beat in striking.

With that being said, I've never watched a fight where my thought of who was winning was altered by the commentary haha

The 2nd round was close up until TJ blasted him with those 2 lead rights up against the fence.

Other than that he was never really in the fight.

Is it really so easy to be manipulated based off of what Rogan is saying?

Apparently so, it's like people don't have their own eyes to view what's in front of them. Maybe some people are distracted while watching the fights and can hear it clearly but don't see it as well since their eyes maybe moving from the tv to other people in the room or something?

I don't know, always seemed weird to me when people would suggest watching it with the sound on mute.

Saying Barao did better than you expected is like saying Fabio Maldonado did better than one expected because Stipe Miocic only landed 11 punches the entire fight.

You got me wrong ;)
I expected Barao to win in a dominant fashion. Please read the thread again.

Someone makes this thread after every event.

Good that I made it then, it would suck to break the tradition.

The 2nd round was close up until TJ blasted him with those 2 lead rights up against the fence.

Other than that he was never really in the fight.

I agree that this combination probably sealed the round for T.J.

Apparently so, it's like people don't have their own eyes to view what's in front of them. Maybe some people are distracted while watching the fights and can hear it clearly but don't see it as well since their eyes maybe moving from the tv to other people in the room or something?

I don't know, always seemed weird to me when people would suggest watching it with the sound on mute.

First time you watch a fight you get excited too, and obviously, as Joe Rogan, I was in shock that T.J. was landing that much, I was focused more on T.J. than Barao. And Joe saying that all the time only made me be hypnotized by T.J.'s awesomeness. It's not weird my friend. If you do not get influenced by anything Joe says during the fight, than kudos to you. But maybe you are not trying to listen to him, I'm trying to listen and I'm trying to watch the fight, attention gets divided, simple as that. But maybe I should try to focus more on the fight, true.

You got me wrong ;)
I expected Barao to win in a dominant fashion. Please read the thread again.

Good that I made it then, it would suck to break the tradition.

I agree that this combination probably sealed the round for T.J.

First time you watch a fight you get excited too, and obviously, as Joe Rogan, I was in shock that T.J. was landing that much, I was focused more on T.J. than Barao. And Joe saying that all the time only made me be hypnotized by T.J.'s awesomeness. It's not weird my friend. If you do not get influenced by anything Joe says during the fight, than kudos to you. But maybe you are not trying to listen to him, I'm trying to listen and I'm trying to watch the fight, attention gets divided, simple as that. But maybe I should try to focus more on the fight, true.

Burn,

Burn,

Burn,

& BURN!! LoL

If the rematch happens Im still going with Barao

Oh yeah, watching a fight on mute definitely makes the fight seem different

LOL is been a "thing" since Machida "beat" shogun in their first fight.

Apparently we're all weak minded sheep that get super influenced by the genius of Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg and just watching the fight again with the sound off changes the outcome of the fight completely.

My recollection is Barao made maybe 2 rounds pretty close. And that round 1 was pretty even right up until TJ floored him.

LOL is been a "thing" since Machida "beat" shogun in their first fight.

Apparently we're all week minded sheep that get super influenced by the genius of Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg

Maybe not super influenced but influenced by some degree. Unless you are not trying to listen to him at all or you just know that he is saying BS so your mind is filtering what he says.

My theory is:

1. At a bar with lots of side conversations and less attention on fights. That wouldn't make sense that he heard Rogan though.
or
2. Posting in the forums mid-fight/round rather than actually watching the fight.

People actually make threads mid fights all the time on this forum and it baffles me. Are they more entertained with talking about it than actually seeing what they are talking about first?

Watching the flights on mute is about the only way i can watch them anymore.

I see what you are saying. I also watched it without the element of surprise and shock that TJ put on the world. Of course a fighter like Renan "gave a good fight" but even so, holy shit TJ.
The contrast between going from "TJ's gonn get murdered" to "Renan getting dominated holy fuck" effected everybody not only Rogan.

I still thought he seriously and definitively beat the hell out of him. That's happened before though, where the commentary plus the surprise of a contender doing better than expected skews things. Happened to me in Gus/Jones

I watched it from 4th row center ringside. No commentary, it was a clinic. TJ won every round, 10-8 first round. You did feel that Barao could possibly clip him at some point and get a finish, but as far as points go it was one sided.

Yeah round 2 was close I thought Barao was slightly ahead until the low blow, then after that TJ took over the round. Round could have gone either way.

I didn't need to watch it muted to see that the fight wasn't a total domination the way Rogan made it seem. I thought the fight official stats were way off as well, just didn't seem like it was THAT large of a gap in the striking. I thought Dillashaw won all of the rounds but it wasn't like those rounds were rounds in which Dillashaw never got hit and Barao took an epic beating in.

Yea I thought the same round 2 was close and could have gone either way. The rest of the rounds was TJ. I never need to mute to see whats going on Joe doesn't affect me like that.

A lot of perception is based on expectation. TJ was a huge underdog going into the fight. No one really expected him to win the belt, let alone put the kind of beating on Barao in the standup that he did.

Because TJ confounded everyone's expectations so dramatically, we perceive he did far better than he really did.

That's really not Rogan's fault. He called it the way it should have been called. It was a huge upset.

Yeah TJ won all 5 rounds but Barao landed some punches & kicks too

Well... what means, "he did better"?

I've never seen a champion getting beaten like that and I have watched many fights. Barao landed some punches on his own, but received 10x more punishment.

It was a one-sided beatdown. And the KD/KO were brutal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back