Barao-Cruz on Super Bowl card?

Rated R Classic

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Jones-Teixeira Light Heavyweight title
Barao-Cruz Bantamweight title

Sounds like a good Super Bowl card to me.

Makes all the sense in the world. It appears that the super bowl card will probably be the first PPV of 2014 and since Cruz is supposed to be ready by new years this seems the best date for the fight. Damm that would be an awesome one two punch for the card.

Assuming Cruz can fight, then sure. But if not then fuck Cruz and make Barao the real champ and let him defend his belt fo rizzle.

I like it but I think Barao-Cruz should be on another card as main event.

I disagree, just sit them out until Jones vs. Teixeira. That's one of the biggest fights that will draw a big buyrate and get them more exposure with the non hardcore MMA fans.

Along with Bones vs GloTex

It must suck for Cruz, to have a 2+ year layover and then have to fight Barao of all people.

Should be in January, the quicker Barao gets that belt the better

I disagree, just sit them out until Jones vs. Teixeira. That's one of the biggest fights that will draw a big buyrate and get them more exposure with the non hardcore MMA fans.

They would be on the same card.

Other than the GSP v Hendricks fight and Silva v Weidman.

I really will be excited for Barao v Cruz once they make it official.

I like it. I think Gustafson should be on the card too.

He might be, there are only 2 fights announced so far.
They will wait on Chael-Rashad, if Chael wins I could see him trying to make a quick turnaround for a fight like Gus. Rashad, not so much, he barely fights twice a year.

Keep putting Barao on with Jones, give them guy some exposure.

Back