Barao: Biggest win-streak, smallest salary

It's business. Ugly people generally don't sell. Should and should not don't come into play. It is what it is. And, yeah, it's called discrimination. Welcome to planet Earth. Deal with it.

021216_kak_p_takayama_b.jpg

Ok Himbob you want an example for a non top guy? Well Renan hasn't exactly been an up and coming fighter considering his last 4 fights (which is how this argument started) were world title fights but I'll bite. I think we can agree Chris Carasio is clearly not a top level fighter but he's had a little resurgence as of late:

Chris Cariaso: $42,000 ($21,000 to show, $21,000 win bonus): UFC 169
http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighte...ufc-169-fighter-salaries-attendance-gate.html

Chris Cariaso: $42,000 (includes $21,000 win bonus)
def. Louis Smolka: $10,000: UFN 40
http://mmapayout.com/category/payouts/

So there CC wins a fight, and receives no base pay augmentation for his next fight. So clearly the idea that if you win a fight, you receive a pay upgrade the next fight only applies to some fighters, not all. As I argued, this depends on how their contract was negotiated by their manager.

Ok Himbob you want an example for a non top guy? Well Renan hasn't exactly been an up and coming fighter considering his last 4 fights (which is how this argument started) were world title fights but I'll bite. I think we can agree Chris Carasio is clearly not a top level fighter but he's had a little resurgence as of late:

Chris Cariaso: $42,000 ($21,000 to show, $21,000 win bonus): UFC 169
http://mma-manifesto.com/ufc-fighte...ufc-169-fighter-salaries-attendance-gate.html

Chris Cariaso: $42,000 (includes $21,000 win bonus)
def. Louis Smolka: $10,000: UFN 40
http://mmapayout.com/category/payouts/

So there CC wins a fight, and receives no base pay augmentation for his next fight. So clearly the idea that if you win a fight, you receive a pay upgrade the next fight only applies to some fighters, not all. As I argued, this depends on how their contract was negotiated by their manager.
Before we go any further, we should note that the New Jersey Athletic Commission doesn

Here ya go branchtan, since you're unable to do this right.

UFC Fight Night 26: Urijah Faber $120,000 ($60,000 to show, $60,000 win bonus)
UFC on FOX 9: Urijah Faber $200,000 ($100,000 to show, $100,000 to win)

So you attack my source (just as I predicted) and then post no source for your own numbers. Even if those numbers are correct, that increase looks more like a renegotiation than an increment augmentation and does not disprove numbers and point at all.

Go check my Carasio example too... checked up random fighters and 2/3 of them had the same base pay from their previous fight, I could go all day finding you examples but you wouldn't waver in your point.

His resume is padded with cans. It's not because of him not speaking English.

These are Cariaso's payouts:

UFC Fight Night: Chris Cariaso ($21,000 + $21,000 = $42,000)
UFC 169: n/a
UFC Fight Night: n/a
UFC on FX 8: n/a
UFC 155: Chris Cariaso: $12,000 (loss)

So yes, his show money increased from 12k to 21k.

I stated earlier on a different thread that I didnt really care what fighters were paid but hearing this rumor(?) about Barao only making 11k makes me rethink that...

Renan Barao is the champ, has been for awhile now, hes headlining PPVs and whatever anyone else thinks I think he has some charisma.

I have no problem with each fighter being paid differently but performance really should count and if Renan Barao isnt pulling 50k AT LEAST for this fight hes being robbed and I will be unhappy about that.

I would guess the dollar goes farther in Brazil than in the US and I also kinda think Barao doesnt really negotiate hard but the 11/11 number you guys are arguing about is robbery if its true.

So you attack my source (just as I predicted) and then post no source for your own numbers.
Your own source says the numbers aren't official. How dumb are you?

Go check my Carasio example too... checked up random fighters and 2/3 of them had the same base pay from their previous fight, I could go all day finding you examples but you wouldn't waver in your point.
Read above. You failed again.

It's shocking that people still think Barao makes 11/11.

checked up random fighters and 2/3 of them had the same base pay from their previous fight, I could go all day finding you examples but you wouldn't waver in your point.
That's because you don't read the disclaimer on MMAmanifesto. You are truly an enormous moron and continue to embarrass yourself with every post.

MMAManifesto sucks, they keep on reporting wrong #'s on fighters pay, and other websites report the same #'s out of laziness.

Vinny Magalhaes unhappy with salary mis-reporting

and before you shit on me for using MMAManisteo again, those numbers are reported by the AC and are not estimates like they specificed onthe other pages...also reported by mma mania

Those are some damn impressive facts. I hope he gets a pay increase but he just isn't a big draw to casual fans. Definitely one of my faves though

and before you shit on me for using MMAManisteo again, those numbers are reported by the AC and are not estimates like they specificed onthe other pages...also reported by mma mania

You really are among the top 1% of all idiots posting on sherdog, which is a remarkable feAt. Maybe tomorrow you can use Lebrons rookie salary as his actual salary and blast the Nba for his pathetic pay

Go home. you drunk!

Its not even worth to try to argue with you. You are simply stupid.

If people believe Barao is making 11/11 a fight... I have a bridge I want to sell.
And a few trolls under it too.

You really are among the top 1% of all idiots posting on sherdog, which is a remarkable feAt. Maybe tomorrow you can use Lebrons rookie salary as his actual salary and blast the Nba for his pathetic pay

Did you actually read the thread I didn't say he makes 11k to show nice strawman. I said he probably makes >45k and if that other dude wants to claim he's making more per fight regardless of what his contract says, then the burden of proof is on HIM to prove it. I then posted many different examples of fighters making the same base pay following a win, including my last example which were numbers released by the ACs and reported on multiple different sites, just in case you want to get your panties in a knot about the source. So please if you want to debate any of these points put up or shut up, junior!

Go home. you drunk!

Its not even worth to try to argue with you. You are simply stupid.

If people believe Barao is making 11/11 a fight... I have a bridge I want to sell.
And a few trolls under it too.

Calling me stupid but you don't even know what my argument is, probably because you read 1 post didn't understand it, and then went to go type some shit. Here I'll paste my last reply because it applies to your sorry bandwagon hopping ass too:

Did you actually read the thread I didn't say he makes 11k to show nice strawman. I said he probably makes >45k and if that other dude wants to claim he's making more per fight regardless of what his contract says, then the burden of proof is on HIM to prove it. I then posted many different examples of fighters making the same base pay following a win, including my last example which were numbers released by the ACs and reported on multiple different sites, just in case you want to get your panties in a knot about the source. So please if you want to debate any of these points put up or shut up, junior!

Calling me stupid but you don't even know what my argument is, probably because you read 1 post didn't understand it, and then went to go type some shit. Here I'll paste my last reply because it applies to your sorry bandwagon hopping ass too:

Sorry I read the whole thread, and based my conclusion on that.
You got your ass handed to you over and over and does not realize it.

Barao has not fought in any state that releases fight purses in years which is why the mma sites always uses the last reported pay out as Baraos pay.
Its the "Hunt only makes 6/6!!" - all over again..

So in other words NONE of us knows what he makes.

Back