Barao asks for immediate rematch in new video

I don't blame him for asking for it, generally I think it looks bad when a fighter does but he's an exception. Not an exception enough to get one tho. He should get to just about pick his opponent that he has to beat to get the shot.

Assunco was supposed to get the shot before he got hurt and TJ got it instead. TJ's last loss is to Assunco. That's just to easy of a match to make

Wow, you are clueless, that was a 1 sided beatdown no way he "deserves" it

I agree, but the UFC has somewhat set a precedent for great/dominant champions getting immediate rematches.
Anderson was offered a rematch before his first Weidman fight I believe?

Any champ that has defended the belt three times or more deserved an immediate rematch in my eyes.

It may not be the smartest move in the world for Barao(IMO he really needs to change up his striking game to be effective against T.J) but if he wants it, he should get it.

Until I found out this was the day after the fight I was thinking damn he looks rough.

But day after, as expected really.

TJ Vs Asscauao Winner fights Barao Miz winner.

TJ should rematch the guy who holds a fucking win over him, is on a six-fight win streak, and was the number one contender to begin with. What a joke!

I am thinking Dana may have promised him a rematch clause when Barao took the fight.

I really don't see any other reason Dana is entertaining the idea. Normally he would rule it out after a fight like that, but currently he is only saying Maybe.

During times where Chael Sonnen can get a title shot on the weightclass above coming off another title shot loss and Nick Diaz can get a TS after a clear cut loss, to call this rematch absurd is pure hating.

I laugh at all you America/ TJ patriotic nuthuggers that want to justify this rematch being absurd.

Give me a fkin break you biased POS.

Oh hell yeah he deserve a rematch. Close fight. Barao got robbed

During times where Chael Sonnen can get a title shot on the weightclass above coming off another title shot loss and Nick Diaz can get a TS after a clear cut loss, to call this rematch absurd is pure hating.

I laugh at all you America/ TJ patriotic nuthuggers that want to justify this rematch being absurd.

Sonnen didn't get outclassed by Silva. Then fought a new opponent for the title, although much bigger. Some controversy in that fight as well, though most turned a blind eye to it.

Diaz didnt get outclassed by Condit and stayed competitive. Then fought a new opponent for the title. Decision controvers.

Both were dumb title shots. (Though I was happy Sonnen got one and was hoping for a hail mary performance from him)

So anyways Barao got outclassed by The Dilla, and having Barao fight The Shawmeister in an instant rematch for the title would make less sense than the aforementioned title shot fights. :wink:

Fight Cruz first and winner gets TJ/Raph

He should def fight once before huge barao fan but he had nothing for dillashaw ever

Earn it. Enough with the immediate rematches.

Everybody knows Chael and Nick didn't deserve those shots either, so what the fuck are you talking about?

Get in line, behind Assuncao.

Barao's one of my favorite fighters, but I gotta agree with you. He lost in dominant fashion and he does not deserve an instant rematch. Tbh, I don't care who the fighter is, I'm against instant rematches (exceptions: freak injuries or very controversial stoppages/decisions).

UFC should give him an immediate rematch the guy won like 30 fights in a row. That was a huge upset they should rematch while its still hot.

Difference being they weren't fighting the same guy that just beat the shit out of them.
Sorry you seem to hate the country you live in. I guess you & our president have something in common in the despising of America.

One more fight shouldn't be a problem. I mean he 'should' win right.

he needs to win a fight before to regain his confidence.

after that, he will steamroll tj or anyone who is holding the belt

Goddamn, looks like a Tahoe hit him.

Honestly, he doesn't deserve a rematch. I think he needs at least one more fight before he fights TJ again. Now if TJ finished him in the first after landing that huge punch then sure. Unfortunately for him that's not how it went down. He was outclassed for five rounds then finished.

Wish him the best of luck in the future.

Back