Bar

Also lol @ these "It's not an excuse that he said he wanted to rest more between his last defense and the fight he got his ass kicked in" apologists pretending he's not insinuating he wasn't at his best.

"I am/was tired" is the go to excuse for every human being on this planet, and he's definitely subscribing to it.

Um no, quit taking him out of context. All he said was that was his initial thought, but he ended up good to go. That's not an excuse man, c'mon.

He literally made an excuse. There was nothing figurative about it.
I get you're probably a fedora owner who complains about people's grammar as a means go inflate your own ego, but you should probably chill out on that until you get a better grasp of the language you're trying to be an authority on. Literally

That excuse is implied at best(and I won't even concede to that), ergo not literally. Literally making an excuse would be explicitly stating "I lost the fight because I didn't take enough time off". Also I'm nitpicking semantics, not grammar. And stop using literally as a means of hyperbole

I like Barao but it'd be hard to sell an immediate rematch when he was dominated like that, they should have Barao fight a top 5 guy and if he wins that by all means give him another shot.

I could talk about the irony of a pathetic keyboard warrior, who paid money to post nearly 40 crappy opinions PER DAY, judging and crying about every little thing professional fighters say, but that would be too easy

How much steam came off your keyboard as you typed that?

You know what's more pathetic than whining about what professional fighters say? Whining about what a fat keyboard warrior says.

yeah, and it's just a mere coincidence his training partner is coming out whining about how the UFC forced him to fight with no rest.

I'm not buying it. "It's not an excuse...(excuse)...but it's all good" is a bullshit sandwich

It's not a coincidence his training partner bitched about it, but that doesn't magically alter the words he said either

How much steam came off your keyboard as you typed that?

You know what's more pathetic than whining about what professional fighters say? Whining about what a fat keyboard warrior says.

So what does that make you, seeing as you constantly do both while also paying money to do so?

That excuse is implied at best(and I won't even concede to that), ergo not literally. Literally making an excuse would be explicitly stating "I lost the fight because I didn't take enough time off". Also I'm nitpicking semantics, not grammar. And stop using literally as a means of hyperbole

"Literally" is used to discern through metaphor and implication and not implication. Implication is literal. If I implied that I had sex with your sister, then I am literally stating that it literally happened, but my rhetoric is veiled through implication.

And you don't know what hyperbole means

So what does that make you, seeing as you constantly do both while also paying money to do so?

Someone with 10$ to blow on dumb shit like green name and a big av so I can keyboard war to the fuck max.

He literally made an excuse in the quote

which excuse are you referring to? the part where he said he won't make any excuses? lol. The quotes I read said he had no excuses, he had everything going for him, and had a great camp, but he believes he can/will be better in the rematch and has more to bring than Dillashaw. Shit, I almost re-wrote the whole quote paraphrased word for word right there lol.

There is a time and a place for immediate rematches, but after you get outclassed the way Barao did, you have to work your way back up.

It's not a coincidence his training partner bitched about it, but that doesn't magically alter the words he said either

Him beating around the bush about his excuse doesn't mean it just didn't happen.

Geez, if only OJ had said "I really would be sad if I had killed my wife", then it would be an open and shut case and there wouldn't be these 2 decades of speculation.

which excuse are you referring to? the part where he said he won't make any excuses? lol. The quotes I read said he had no excuses, he had everything going for him, and had a great camp, but he believes he can/will be better in the rematch and has more to bring than Dillashaw. Shit, I almost re-wrote the whole quote paraphrased word for word right there lol.

TL; DR of what he said
"Not making an excuses bros, but i'd fuck that little ass kid up if i got my rematch. I lost this time because i was tired. No excuses, he was amazing, but i was tired so if I go home and get a nap in, i'm kicking this guy's ass. No excuses. Literally."

From a business perspective, I think he should get the rematch strictly because Barao vs Dillashaw II is going to do better business than Assuncao vs Dillashaw II

If I wasnt going by that well go with Assuncao

yeah, and it's just a mere coincidence his training partner is coming out whining about how the UFC forced him to fight with no rest.

I'm not buying it. "It's not an excuse...(excuse)...but it's all good" is a bullshit sandwich

He added after the rest comment that his camp was good, basically nullifying his concerns about needing to rest. You're kind of reaching here man.

"Literally" is used to discern through metaphor and implication and not implication. Implication is literal. If I implied that I had sex with your sister, then I am literally stating that it literally happened, but my rhetoric is veiled through implication.

And you don't know what hyperbole means

You subjectively interpreted an excuse based on what he said - you can tell it's subjective because the "I wanted to rest a bit more" part was immediately preceded by "I was well prepared, I can't say I wasn't and have no excuses", and many people ITT did not interpret it as an excuse because they have common sense. It's hyperbole because you elevated your subjective extrapolation of what he said to his direct speech.

Also Bioshock Infinite was terrible

After how that fight went I doubt there's a lot of ppl wanting to see a rematch

I am tired of Brazilian fighters making USA fighters come to Brazil and get treated like shit. Then coming here and making the USA fighters do all the press and still making excuses, Barao will lose the rematch!

He added after the rest comment that his camp was good, basically nullifying his concerns about needing to rest. You're kind of reaching here man.

No, i'm just not turning a blind eye to the heavy favorite who got his ass kicked solely because he said "No excuses...other than this one thing"

Riddle me this: If he's sure he'd win the rematch, why does he think he lost the first fight?

Back