Bar

MMABr

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dillashaw what a beatdown... 0 excuses. he was better, faster, stronger and dominated!

Regardless, IMO Bar

the guy in the pic behind him is a MW btw lol

I think the knock down killed it...

Yeah, I don't think being that skinny for weigh ins is doing him any favors.

If Aldo moves up, and he definitely could, then featherweight would be ideal for Barao.

Well when Mendes eventually...beats Aldo, they both can move up weight classes and lose.

While I'm joking a bit and rubbing it in I do believe neither offers the weight class above them very much, I think Aldo is a 6-10 LW while Barao is 6-15 at FW and gets wrecked in loses.

I think he was just as fast as usual up until the knockdown. That seemed to make him tentative. TJ just was really solid with his movement after striking.

He should fight at LW, he has done a lot of damage to his body.

If TJ did that to Barao, I don't wanna imagine what Mendes could do to him.

Your statement doesn't make sense. Every fight is different... Faber could beat TJ, yet he got owned by Renan twice. Different fighters.... diff styles...

Renan ONLY moved down to BW because of a request by his team due to Aldo's presence at FW. He always fought at 145 before and in amateur boxing at well over 70kg...

Your statement doesn't make sense. Every fight is different... Faber could beat TJ, yet he got owned by Renan twice. Different fighters.... diff styles...

Renan ONLY moved down to BW because of a request by his team due to Aldo's presence at FW. He always fought at 145 before and in amateur boxing at well over 70kg...

Mendes has more KO power than TJ as well as better wrestling, stronger, more athleticism, etc. He's basically a plus sized Dillashaw. Dunno how Barao could deal with that.

Then again, maybe the weight cut slowed him down or something, so you're right, it's never a guarantee.

Mendes has more KO power than TJ as well as better wrestling, stronger, more athleticism, etc. He's basically a plus sized Dillashaw. Dunno how Barao could deal with that.

Then again, maybe the weight cut slowed him down or something, so you're right, it's never a guarantee.

Love Mendes, but I've never seen him with the footwork and lateral movement that TJ had tonight.

What he could do is change a few things and try to regain the belt at Bantamweight. I don't think his cardio was the issue, he got owned at technique.

What he could do is change a few things and try to regain the belt at Bantamweight. I don't think his cardio was the issue, he got owned at technique.

but this is not about TJ, like I said in the OP... health and optimal performance.

Back