Crime Bar owner who shot attacker charged and takes own life

Based on the video I saw, that is clearly self defense. Hell he was being cool firing two warning shots. He could have shot the first two that jumped him. No way in that situation would I have been thinking of firing two warning shots.

Yeah, he showed tremendous restraint from my perspective.

The left could easily win points by just calling these obvious cases what they are from the beginning. Maybe there's some new evidence that won't reflect well on the guy but the video tells the story. He didn't start the fight and he tried very hard not to hurt anyone, then his hand was forced.

Now what in the wild blue fuck does that mean?!

0ZOUj6.gif

Good luck finding 12 people in Nebraska to convict him.

I dont even know what to say.

You can be down with the movement while not makinga fucking buffoon out of yourself.

Cognitive dissonance on a whole other level

we haven't had this discussion before and how WPEMs are inherently racist and the scum of the planet?

we haven't had this discussion before and how WPEMs are inherently racist and the scum of the planet?

Hell I dont know.

I do know that too much pity can be a bad thing.

I think there is a facet of the left that sees us as... incapable, simple etc. and feel we need our hands held thru life. I feel there is a semblance of racism there, whether benevolent or not is irrelevant and overall detrimental to the black community. Just another knee on the neck.

@Trotsky and @Darkballs , you guys are lawyers. clear self defense, right? based on the video.

Appreciate the tag, but self-defense claims aren't really matters of law, but rather issue of facts. Assuming Nebraska doesn't have any unique language to their applicable statutes, lethal self-defense is justifiable when: a reasonable person in the defendants place would have a reasonable fear for their life or serious bodily injury (serious being really serious; ex: loss of limb or permanent disfigurement). The defendant bears the burden of establishing this defense by preponderance of evidence (more than 50%), while the prosecution only needs establish the elements of the crime.

So theoretically, a defendant can make a self-defense claim for anything. That five-year old gave you a dirty look? Maybe that bastard was mere moments from tearing you apart. There's nothing in the law that would prohibit that defense. It would just be an issue to fact as to whether or not you can convince the jury.

So going on what we have hear, I see the defendant, who's armed, get tackled, punches or a struggle occur, and a moment later a shoot. That's really a judgement call for the jury. As to why they a grand jury decided to indict despite the DA thinking self defense, I'm assuming the defendant either made remarks suggesting that he didn't feel his life was in danger (guy was a bitch and I was gonna kick his ass without issue) or perhaps the defendant escalated the situation by leaving to retrieve the gun. Don't know what was put before the grand jury.

Based on the video I saw, that is clearly self defense. Hell he was being cool firing two warning shots. He could have shot the first two that jumped him. No way in that situation would I have been thinking of firing two warning shots.

This. If you have to fire a weapon, you shoot to stop the threat. Most police forces train cops not to fire warning shots. Partly because the round has to go somewhere and could easily hit an innocent person.

Hell I dont know.

I think there is a facet of the left that sees us as... incapable, simple etc. and feel we need our hands held thru life. I feel there is a semblance of racism there, whether benevolent or not is irrelevant and overall detrimental to the black community. Just another knee on the neck.

this is PRECISELY why I hate them. well one of many reasons.

He will not be convicted of manslaughter.

Hell I dont know.

I don't think its meant to be benevolent or a knee on the neck. Its selfishness. They just want the adoration and virtue. Pic related:

game-of-thrones-dany-controversial-image.jpg

Remember the UFC shirt guy who got his ass kicked?

Let's imagine for the sake of argument that he said to the (allegedly) Mexican guy who threw the first punch, "You need to go back where you came from, beaner."

Now imagine UFC shirt guy had a gun in his waistband. If he had pulled it out and shot and killed his attacker at the :30 second mark of the video should that be considered self-defense?

These are two different examples tho. The bartender is facing down a group of people trying to trash his livelihood, who felt they could physically assault him with impunity. It's not like this dude is going to their house to drop n-bombs on him at his doorstep. These people came to start shit with him. To menace, bully and assault him.

I've been call the N-word and other things in my life, sometimes I have retaliate, sometimes I take it on the chin. I do know that violence is a signifigant escalation that most thinking adults should carefully think about before indulging in it.

Why isn't there any accountablity to the people who are perpatrating violence? Why do go harder on the ones defending themselves?

Last edited:
Appreciate the tag, but self-defense claims aren't really matters of law, but rather issue of facts. Assuming Nebraska doesn't have any unique language to their applicable statutes, lethal self-defense is justifiable when: a reasonable person in the defendants place would have a reasonable fear for their life or serious bodily injury (serious being really serious; ex: loss of limb or permanent disfigurement). The defendant bears the burden of establishing this defense by preponderance of evidence (more than 50%), while the prosecution only needs establish the elements of the crime.

So theoretically, a defendant can make a self-defense claim for anything. That five-year old gave you a dirty look? Maybe that bastard was mere moments from tearing you apart. There's nothing in the law that would prohibit that defense. It would just be an issue to fact as to whether or not you can convince the jury.

So going on what we have hear, I see the defendant, who's armed, get tackled, punches or a struggle occur, and a moment later a shoot. That's really a judgement call for the jury. As to why they a grand jury decided to indict despite the DA thinking self defense, I'm assuming the defendant either made remarks suggesting that he didn't feel his life was in danger (guy was a bitch and I was gonna kick his ass without issue) or perhaps the defendant escalated the situation by leaving to retrieve the gun. Don't know what was put before the grand jury.

states have very different self
Defense laws which require various degrees of danger or restraint

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_law

vs California’s are day and night

Back