Crime Bar owner who shot attacker charged and takes own life

No matter what your beef is the second you put someone in a situation were they have to fear for their personal safety and well-being, all bets are off.

Remember the UFC shirt guy who got his ass kicked?

Let's imagine for the sake of argument that he said to the (allegedly) Mexican guy who threw the first punch, "You need to go back where you came from, beaner."

Now imagine UFC shirt guy had a gun in his waistband. If he had pulled it out and shot and killed his attacker at the :30 second mark of the video should that be considered self-defense?

Remember the UFC shirt guy who got his ass kicked?

Let's imagine for the sake of argument that he said to the (allegedly) Mexican guy who threw the first punch, "You need to go back where you came from, beaner."

Now imagine UFC shirt guy had a gun in his waistband. If he had pulled it out and shot and killed his attacker at the :30 second mark of the video should that be considered self-defense?

False equivalent.

One man was defending his business the other was a drunk letting his mouth write checks his ass couldn't cash. Self defense goes out the window when you are obviously the aggressor and creating the issue.

Nebraska’s Self-Defense Laws
Nebraska has not enacted a stand-your-ground law.
Nebraska’s self-defense laws are codified at Neb. Rev. Stat.
secs. 28-1406 to 28-1416.
A key self-defense statute is Neb. Rev. Stat. sec. 28-1409,
which includes:
• A justification for the use of force when
a person believes: (1) it is “immediately
necessary” to protect himself, herself, or others
against the use of unlawful force by the other
person on the present occasion; (2) he or she
has been unlawfully dispossessed of his or her
property and is making a justified reentry or
attempt to recapture the property; and (3) that
force is necessary to protect himself, herself, or
others against death or serious bodily harm.
• A justification for the use of deadly force when
the actor believes that deadly force is necessary
to protect himself, herself, or others against
death, serious bodily harm, kidnapping, or
sexual assault.
• A duty to retreat if the actor can avoid the
necessity of using deadly force.
• Codifying the castle doctrine by specifically
providing that the actor is not required to
retreat from his or her dwelling or place of
work.
Via the passage of Laws 2012, LB 804, in addition to
criminal actions, the justification defenses prescribed in
Neb. Rev. Stat. secs. 28-1406 to 28-1416 are available in civil
actions for assault and battery and intentional wrongful
death. If justification for the use of force is found, financial
recovery is barred in the civil action.
Other states’ self-defense laws
Self-defense laws throughout the country are as varied
as the states themselves. In addition to the 27 states that
have enacted some form of stand-your-ground legislation,
another seven states have adopted stand-your-ground
policies via case law, jury instructions, or other means.
Stand-your-ground laws in three states limit the law’s
application to only when a person is in his or her home or
vehicle.
Like Nebraska, several states have codified or follow the
castle doctrine and require a duty to retreat in public
settings. Vermont and Washington D.C. require citizens to
retreat from assailants even within their homes.
If you have additional questions or would like more detailed
information regarding stand-your-ground laws, please feel
free to contact the Legislative Research Office. @nhbbear here's more about the law too

yes, obviously.

I just can't see the reasoning behind this - he was clearly out to protect his property because the government was failing to do so

its him being out to protect his property him "looking for trouble"

Bad Prosecutors ruin the lives and kill MANY more people than cops especially due to wrongly prosecuting people for political reasons - where's the heat on there asses? many of them should be locked up

Saw this answered in another thread.

The video I see, is the father pushes a person twice, and then the dad gets shoved on his ass. Unless I am missing something. I didn’t see any assault before that. The dad gets shoved and that’s when the son runs over there and shit pops off.

Too low IQ ibids like you, taxpayers are nothing more than a free shit sign ripened for rape, pillage and murder by the dredges of society.

@nac386 you're one of the good ones.. what are your thoughts, self defense? based on the video.
Based on what we can see in the video, along with the narrative given by the attorney, it seems like it's clearly self-defense.

But are they saying now that charges are being pressed, due to something the shooter said during the investigation? If so, I'm interested to hear what he said that was incriminating.

White Progressive Ethno-Mascochists.

you know the type. there are several here in this thread
. Thank you. Yeah its getting asinine. I want everyone treated equally regardless if skin tone, dangly bits or lack thereof and imaginary sky wizard beliefs. But god damn the left is making me wish i was a righty these days.

Based on the video I saw, that is clearly self defense. Hell he was being cool firing two warning shots. He could have shot the first two that jumped him. No way in that situation would I have been thinking of firing two warning shots.

. Thank you. Yeah its getting asinine. I want everyone treated equally regardless if skin tone, dangly bits or lack thereof and imaginary sky wizard beliefs. But god damn the left is making me wish i was a righty these days.

Welcome to the club

Ironically, leftists love cameras. We need cops to always wear cameras. Cameras cameras cameras.

Camera catches obvious self defense (In this case, Kyle Rittenhouse, Blake), fuck it let's ignore the camera and make up some story and start looting shit.

False equivalent.

Maybe you should look at the post I was actually addressing, Malcolm.

A simple question... Is there any scenario in which a non-violent act of provocation that produces "life threatening" aggression should be deemed murder/manslaughter and not self-defense in the event the aggressor is killed by the instigator?

What a disgrace

So he should have yet let the thugs kill him?
Yup and the murder wouldn't have made the news. Just like the murder of the criminal wouldn't have made the news if the perp was white, Asian or Mexican.

Back