Crime Bar owner who shot attacker charged and takes own life

The dad is an idiot. Started that whole thing with the shoving. Arguing with idiots will only get you in trouble. These fake tough guys think it’s the Wild West.

"[Special Prosecutor Frederick Franklin] reiterated that Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine said the shooting of James Scurlock by Jake Gardner was self-defense but that the investigation may reveal otherwise. Franklin says Omaha police talked with about 60 people and went through many videos."

"There was evidence that was gathered and presented to the grand jury about activity that Jake Gardner was engaged in prior to even coming in contact with James Scurlock," he said. "Evidence to reasonably be construed as an intent to use a firearm for purposes of killing someone. You will want to know what it is, and I can't tell you about it. But what I can tell you is that that evidence comes primarily from Jake Gardner himself."

indicted.
if he's innocent, hopefully he's foudn innocent. if he's guilty, hopefully hes found guilty.
i think its reasonable that self-defense that results in death be heavily investigated.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

The dad was being tough because he knew his son had a gun. Simple. Now his son is catching charges. Hope he is proud.

tenor.gif

Unless we are missing something I don't understand why he's being charged with manslaughter. It's sad when you can't protect yourself, father, and business from violent looters.

Sure. Whatever that means.

it means you're a fu*king lunatic.

you have video of these "peaceful protesters" violently attacking his father who is trying to protect his business and you side with the criminals

not really surprising. WPEMs have no morals.

these guys could legit rape a woman and be caught on TV and you would find a way to justify their attack.

it means you're a fu*king lunatic.

you have video of these "peaceful protesters" violently attacking his father who is trying to protect his business and you side with the criminals

not really surprising. WPEMs have no morals.

these guys could legit rape a woman and be caught on TV and you would find a way to justify their attack.
The video I see, is the father pushes a person twice, and then the dad gets shoved on his ass. Unless I am missing something. I didn’t see any assault before that. The dad gets shoved and that’s when the son runs over there and shit pops off.

Jumping on a dude with a gun is going to get you shot.

I remember this video. I can't think of a clearer case of self-defense than this. America is so fucked. Trump is such a cuck for letting things get this way.

The dad is an idiot. Started that whole thing with the shoving. Arguing with idiots will only get you in trouble. These fake tough guys think it’s the Wild West.

Wait a second. How did you come to this conclusion before first asking if anyone involved were from out of town?

I'm curious what the laws in Omaha specify about self defense, becuase they vary a lot state to state. In some states you can't claim self defense if you had any path to retreat from the threat, in others it's pretty much a free for all.

In this case it looks like he pursues these guys who assault his grandfather when there's no immediate threat, then another fight breaks out when he flashes his gun, but it also seems like that's within the law in Omaha based on the DA not pressing charges. If that's fair game, I'm very curious what he said that suggested intent.

This is why you should always exercise your right to remain silent.

I'm curious what the laws in Omaha specify about self defense, becuase they vary a lot state to state. In some states you can't claim self defense if you had any path to retreat from the threat, in others it's pretty much a free for all.

In this case it looks like he pursues these guys who assault his grandfather when there's no immediate threat, then another fight breaks out when he flashes his gun, but it also seems like that's within the law in Omaha based on the DA not pressing charges. If that's fair game, I'm very curious what he said that suggested intent.

This is why you should always exercise your right to remain silent.

Back