"Baptism by fire"-toughest MMA debuts

vuco KJV***

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Cro Cop stepped in on a couple of days notice to fight top 10 Fujita. Cro Cop fought 3 top 10 guys in his first 5 fights.

Lesnar, like him or not, was thrown to the wolves right away.

Some Kenneth Williams guy fought Rampage and Chuck in his first two fights(never fought again) and lost both via rear naked choke. That just goes to show you that even Rampage and Chuck were afraid to stand with this killa!

Yuji Nagata fought Cro Cop and Fedor in his first two(and only) fights.

JDS v. Werdum
Papy Abedi v. Alves
Struve v. JDS
Lauzon v. Pulver

Oops didn't read thread, thought it said UFC debuts :(

Big Foot Silva was welcomed to the UFC by Cain Velasquez - that was bad.

Not the hardest, but Kyle Bradley was thrown to the wolves.

I found the winner, his name is Yuji Nagata

220px-Yuji_Nagata.jpg

Yuji Nagata has only fought twice: A prime Cro Cop in his debut and then a prime Fedor.

EDIT: Someone found him before me! Well played sir.

220px-Yuji_Nagata.jpg

Yuji Nagata has only fought twice: A prime Cro Cop in his debut and then a prime Fedor.

Oops.

Pualo thiago oppened up with koschek and fitch... I think mike pierces first ever fight was against rampage?

220px-Yuji_Nagata.jpg

Cro Cop is also fighting another pro-wrestler making his debut this New Year's eve. :icon_lol:
JMMA <3

GSP vs Hieron, we did not know GSP was so good yet but he did beat Karo in his UFC fight.

Pawel Natsula fought who first? Someone good. Barnett or Noguiera.... can't remember really...

Cro Cop's fight first in MMA was against Fujita,

For a K-1 fighter making his first foray into a sport where your striking can be nullified that was a pretty hard debut

Are we talking debuts into certain organizations or their first fight in MMA?

Mac Danzig took on Kurt Pellegrino in his first fight and Jordan Mein fought Rory Macdonald.

Pawel Natsula fought who first? Someone good. Barnett or Noguiera.... can't remember really...

Nog, Aleks E. and Barnett in his first 4 fights. What a warrior!

Yoon Dong-Sik fought Saku, Rampage and Bustamante in his first 4 fights.

Back