Banner ads causing problems

EVIL5150

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Checking out the new top ten rankings today I ran into a couple of snags with banner ads. First there was an ad for some Les Miserables nonsense that expanded into the field of the article and could not be closed. Even reloading the page didn't help. Secondly there was some bullshit ad about winning some millionth visitor sweepstakes that kept dinging with a windows error noise. That is annoying and invasive. That is completely unacceptable. If I continue to have to endure unreadable articles and audible ads I will just have to find my MMA news at a competitor's web site. Have some god damn integrity and vet your stupid banner ads.

Someone started a thread like this.
The answer is to Sign on to the boards with a paid account. Then you get no more adverts.

But I completely agree. The adds are absolutely Ridicules. Its lame enough that no one gives a shit about adds and banners posted on websites, but now they make them all buggy and getting in the way.

From what Ive Read though, I think Foz posted it, is that they have no control over what Adds go there, they just sell the space. Kinda lame I know, but we are stuck with it.

there is an ad for rip lounge that plays music. annoying.

From what Ive Read though, I think Foz posted it, is that they have no control over what Adds go there, they just sell the space. Kinda lame I know, but we are stuck with it.

That's nonsense. Clearly all ads have to be previewed to make sure they're in good taste. That 'good taste' should extend to no heavily-scripted, computer-crashing, music-and-video-playing expanding-banners.

That's nonsense. Clearly all ads have to be previewed to make sure they're in good taste. That 'good taste' should extend to no heavily-scripted, computer-crashing, music-and-video-playing expanding-banners.

no, they're not.

~Foz

I keep on getting a popup for a "write your name in sparkly writing". it gets blocked the first time by Firefox, but it manages to make it's way through. Very annoying.

Also, some of the ads jump out and cover up the first post in a thread. After a minute or so it goes away though, but it's really annoying.

seriously need to get rid of these gay fucking ads all over the place.

Kind of sucks not being able to read because of a giant ad taking up half the page.

Back