Bankers want you to be taxed if you work from home

Hahahahahah

I gueas that is some thing like Sadam or Kim Ill Sung would say!

A little out of date, but...

Gas-Taxes-(Large).png

Surprised this dude does not support it considering how much he complains about corporations not paying taxes.

And why shouldn't someone be taxed if they work from home? I am not seeing the issue here. Some people get payed a lot to work from home, or they make a lot in their own business working from home.
Shit, my wife is allowed o work from home some days out of the week (not all because of medical cases) but still, she pays just as much taxes as working in the office. Whats the issue here?

I was thinking the opposite.

Businesses and workers who encourage and participate in remote work should get some sort of carbon tax credit.

This was exactly my instinct as well.

The idea of that being implemented actually made me angry. It’s absolutely idiotic.

And why shouldn't someone be taxed if they work from home? I am not seeing the issue here. Some people get payed a lot to work from home, or they make a lot in their own business working from home.
Shit, my wife is allowed o work from home some days out of the week (not all because of medical cases) but still, she pays just as much taxes as working in the office. Whats the issue here?

I don’t think you understand the suggestion in the article. This is a proposed ADDITIONAL tax on top of the tax these people would usually pay. So, they are paying the same income tax they did previously at their job, and an additional tax on top of that to work from home.

They hate anything deflationary because there is too much debt. Banking crisis and housing market crash looms.

Completely dumb. There are some new issues though with the rise in remote work however. Take Pittsburgh for example. We have a employer payroll tax related to employees working in the city. If we mainly move to remote, the city loses out on that revenue now if the person lives outside of the city lines. Local and state governments are going to have to access different challenges like this and rethink where they tax to make up the shortfalls if necessary. I don’t think you do that with a work from home tax though. There isn’t a reason to penalize that compared to working in an office.
Much of our taxes are cover the cost of the very infrastructure we use. Those roads suffer less wear and tear if they aren't driven on. One would thing they need less policing, too. If restaurants or other businesses in the city are less used, then there doesn't need to be as many city inspectors to check building codes or food safety codes.

Thus, we don't automatically need to make up a lot of that "shortfall". It's fault to assume we must sustain a rate the government already enjoys. This is precisely why it's so hard to reverse unnecessary taxes once they've been passed. Government grips them more dearly than Charlton Heston gripped his guns.

The idea is that you'd be paying an additional tax on top of your income tax simply because you work from home. So she'd be paying more taxes when working from home than if she was in the office because she chose to work from home.

I don’t think you understand the suggestion in the article. This is a proposed ADDITIONAL tax on top of the tax these people would usually pay. So, they are paying the same income tax they did previously at their job, and an additional tax on top of that to work from home.
I am not sure how that works, Other then not claiming gas milage, what other reason would someone on a pay roll be taxed? It doesnt make sense to me.

The idea is that you'd be paying an additional tax on top of your income tax simply because you work from home. So she'd be paying more taxes when working from home than if she was in the office because she chose to work from home.
Still not seeing how this would work. She doesn't get payed lunch, I can't see how someone could be taxed more for not driving to a office. If anything, she should get a tax break for not making traffic any worse.

Hey, we have a pandemic, lets tax the people that are lucky enough to work from home and not spread covid? Yeah, this must be a Trump perposal.Hmm.. get taxed, or take another stimulus....hard to decide.....
/sarcasm

While they are at it, add on an emissions tax for all the emissions their cars are producing sitting in their driveways

Much of our taxes are cover the cost of the very infrastructure we use. Those roads suffer less wear and tear if they aren't driven on. One would thing they need less policing, too. If restaurants or other businesses in the city are less used, then there doesn't need to be as many city inspectors to check building codes or food safety codes.

Thus, we don't automatically need to make up a lot of that "shortfall". It's fault to assume we must sustain a rate the government already enjoys. This is precisely why it's so hard to reverse unnecessary taxes once they've been passed. Government grips them more dearly than Charlton Heston gripped his guns.

I was careful to add “if necessary” when talking about the shortfall. It definitely can’t just be directly connected but my guess is the wear on infrastructure and the change in revenue don’t necessarily match up. Time will tell on that.

Its almost like they are fearing that people are finding success from working from home and they don't like that? and its ironic that statement coming from a bank that has been receiving a lot of criticism in the past in Europe.

Hey, we have a pandemic, lets tax the people that are lucky enough to work from home and not spread covid? Yeah, this must be a Trump perposal.Hmm.. get taxed, or take another stimulus....hard to decide.....
/sarcasm

Are you actually retarded?

Back