Bands you loved, now can't listen to

I used to love extremely heavy music. Now I don't listen to bands like Dillinger escape plan anymore.

I’ve been in kind of a slump lately so I’ve been trying to listen to more positive music.

Bands like Soundgarden and Nirvana I only can do in small doses these days. The Mars Volta and Leftover crack too.

A lot of bands i listened to in elementary and middle school are intolerable at this point to me. Limp Biscuit, Disturbed, and most of Korn all sound like Shit to me.

There was point about 15-20 years ago I used to love Marilyn Mansons music. Slowly I've come to realize Manson was just a precursor to the Emo movement, he is like the original cry baby attention seeker. Recently I tried to listen to his "Smells Like Children" album, and my God was that goofy.

I don't know what his most recent music sounds like, and I honestly do not care, I'm sure he still wears platforms and make up though.

HIM and Billy Talent are the big ones. I kind of moved on to old music while still in high school, but those two were really angsty. I can still rock Blink, Rise Against, or pre-Midnight Linkin Park anytime.

I feel ya, though I can still listen to most of their pre-2000 stuff on the right day.

linkin park, slipknot, limp bizkit.. i was 14-15 when i was listening to them btw

Some older 'tronic music like Aphex Twin, Chem Bros, Crystal Method, Fatboy Slim. It's not that most is bad, it just sounds dated.

Classic Prodigy still thumps though.
Aphex Twin does NOT sound dated at all. Get out of here with that shit. Richard should slap you for saying that.

The Prodigy is great as well like you said and is great up until Fat Of The Land. After that Liam produced less than stellar albums

I can't listen to the strokes anymore. too many memories.

most indie rock I listened to from highschool and college. Some of it I can that up beat but no more shoegaze type shit. Reminds me of some hard times. I just listened to a sonic youth tune the other day and that was enough.

This is not ok.

For me, REM after Document

I used to listen to a lot of the whiny radio rocks bands in the 2000s like Three Days Grace, Papa Roach etc as a kid, but now it's just too much angst I guess. But then again I've grown more appreciative of some of the emo-rock bands like Paramore, MCR, and Fallout Boy too so maybe it isn't the angst part that has turned me off of those bands.

In high school I was really into those insanely heavy deathcore bands. Looking back most of them really sucked, but I still appreciate the few bands like Suicide Silence and Whitechapel that seemed to be a cut above the rest of the pack.

haha why do you say that?

Haha. My music geneology on one side is basically new order > cure > stone roses > shoegaze > stereolab > mogwai > boards of Canada. On the other side it's DC punk > Sonic youth > modest mouse. It all seems to come back on converge on an MBV-ish fluff on the needle sound. It's really important to me... Can't imagine music without it!

There was point about 15-20 years ago I used to love Marilyn Mansons music. Slowly I've come to realize Manson was just a precursor to the Emo movement, he is like the original cry baby attention seeker. Recently I tried to listen to his "Smells Like Children" album, and my God was that goofy.

I don't know what his most recent music sounds like, and I honestly do not care, I'm sure he still wears platforms and make up though.

The Hot Topic Mall Goths love him though.

:eek::eek::eek:

Aphex Twin does NOT sound dated at all. Get out of here with that shit. Richard should slap you for saying that.

The Prodigy is great as well like you said and is great up until Fat Of The Land. After that Liam produced less than stellar albums

old aphex twin sounds lame as fuck now, so stiff and repetitive, heres what im talking about

#nothanks

Probably the Misfits. I used to like them a lot but now I just find them shouty and annoying. I put on Legacy of Brutality last week. Couldn't make it past the first track. There was Glen Danzig shouting, Static Static Static, in his yappy little voice and I thought Jesus man, shut up.

Nothing really. I still like everything I used to, but have only stopped listening to it as much because my tastes are only expanding so much that the time just isn't there anymore.

Edit: My paragraph above is a perfect example of not reading the opening post before posting, so I want to keep the original post intact as a warning against others doing the same lol. I suppose trance and jungle is my #1 here. I need a bit more now than just a solid beat or groove.

If you compare Richard D. James music to modern D&B it does sound dated. That's not a bad thing. I just don't listen to it as often cause my tastes have changed a bit. Did you forget your pamprin Eve?

At the end of elementary school I listened to pop-punk like Sum 41 and Blink 182, then transitioned to harder rock like System of a Down and Linkin Park (older). Sometime around grade 8/9 I was listening to metalcore and melodic death metal. Then later in highschool and now I'm mainly listening to all kinds of different 'extreme' metal genres.

The only band out of those 4 or metalcore I still can listen to on the regular is System of a Down lol. The rest just don't do anything for me anymore, aside from some nostalgia I guess..

Just Portishead because the one that got away...

Back