Bands you identified with when you were younger and now..

Rage Against The Machine definitely has an expiry date.

Still a good band overall, but their political messaging gets tiresome the older you get.

Vulgar has its moments but the riffs are so dumb...the leads are always good. Southern trendkill is my fave but far beyond driven is almost just as good for me. Darker stuff and a marked improvement. The last one was meh because they tried to go back to appease their bro dude fanbase from the vulgar days and it kinda failed. I think Phil wanted to continue down the route established on Trendkill and FBD and thats why he left and did Down. The first Down record is better than anything Pantera did to me.I got to see them live with Black Sabbath and Deftones in 1999.
Trendkill is a close second to FBD for me. And I would even say that songs like 10s and Floods are better than anything on FBD. But I like more songs on FBD.

Rage Against The Machine definitely has an expiry date.

Still a good band overall, but their political messaging gets tiresome the older you get.

its the kiss of death when your band is 100 pct political. Severely limiting

I still listen to Judas Priest....yeah the imagery now seems a bit obvious lol....I mean all that leather...but in the end music is about what it makes you feel. Judas Priest makes me want to stand on a speaker sticking my tongue out giving the devil horns sign. Kids that grow up with hip pop and Bieber will never know what it feels like to be in arena with 20,000 screaming head banging fans listening to music that you feel in your bones.
Judas Priest is one of the greatest bands in the universe

Megadeth. WTF Mustaine??? Uber-Christian crazy now.
We will always have Rust in Peace, though.....

His anti-Trump rant killed off the last of respect I had towards Corey Taylor, however, I started to like his music less and less much earlier.

Wham.

1f3e50a6c3d945cfa48f02703f1eb845

Back