Bands or Artists that are underrated (hidden gems)

Perhaps less so with that reissue of Pacific Ocean Blue but Dennis WIlson definitely comes to mind, the best thing Beachboys related post Pet Sounds by a country mile....

Definitely a "so that's what Mercury Rev and the Flaming Lips were listening to" moment discovering it.

My dad fucking loves that album

My dad fucking loves that album

Thanks that really makes me feel young. <45>

Spectrum come to mind as well, former by Pete "Sonic Boom" Kember post Spacemen 3 but never as popular as Jason Peirce's Spiritualised.

Metal with bagpipes...............from india.

Easily Death for me. They aren't so obscure that nobody has ever heard of them but in terms of metal they are super underrated imo when you compare them to Slayer, Megadeth, even Anthrax to a degree. Which I find criminal because Chuck was the superior musician who never really made a bad album. Everything was solid and each had their unique sound. I have them above Slayer (R.I.B is a masterpiece though.) Leprosy, Spiritual Healing, Human, Symbolic just to list a few of my top favorites.

It took me till I was in my early 20's to even discover the band right before Chucks death. I was blown away with his guitar playing and where the fuck they were all my life. Greatest DM band of all time yet a lot more people have heard of Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse. Aside from Altars of Madness, they blow them both out of the water. Probably the most consistent metal band I've ever heard besides Sabbath, but they were more of the bridge between rock and metal. Sabbath is just Sabbath. Noone sounds remotely like them.

Midlake
Minus the Bear
Small Black
Pinegrove
Matt Pond PA
Geographer
STRFKR
The Velvet Teen
The World is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die
The Frames
The War on Drugs
Tame Impala
Car Seat Headrest
Tame Impala is underrated? All their songs are played by the millions online.

Either way, great group.

I've never met anyone in real life who has ever heard of them
Ahhh, gotcha.

I turned many on to them when I myself was told about them. "Let it happen" is such a fantastic song/video combo. I try to show it to anyone who enjoys that type of music even a tiny bit

Ahhh, gotcha.

I turned many on to them when I myself was told about them. "Let it happen" is such a fantastic song/video combo. I try to show it to anyone who enjoys that type of music even a tiny bit

Mind mischief is one of all time favorite songs and the video is pretty awesome too.

Too many to list, but

Gravemist
Crimson Glory
Savatage
Legs Diamond
Lucifer's Friend
Nekromantix
Mater Suspiria Vision
Running Wild
Exciter
Black Oak Arkansas
Cinema Strange
Radio Werewolf
Calabrese
Cult of the Psychic Fetus

not even going to bother listing all the hidden gem within the realm of black, doom metal.

Back