Bands, musicians you just don't get

I suppose this is from a guitarists standpoint.
He was certainly a huge influence and great, fun showman.
I just hear a lot of other players talking about his skill.
I don't evaluate him as a shredder or use that as a yardstick, it would be inappropriate to his style.

But give me Albert Collins...

I’m the same way when I hear people talk about somebody’s playing ability. They talk as if their so skilled but it’s just so untrue. I guess it’s something only really guitarists understand.

10xwy14.jpg

Ozzy with Randy Rhodes is the GOAT Ozzy era.

In this song RR, PWNS Tony Iommi on his own song..

{<hhh] SO YOU'RE STUPID OPINION, WAS INVALID.

His replacement on the Sabbath songs tour was Brad Gillis.

Speak of the Devil is better than RR's not very interested playing on Tribute. Gillis shreds all over those songs with enthusiasm. His fills between chords are excellent.

I don't get ICP at all. Their music is incredibly bad, and their gimmick isn't entertaining. It's weird to meet someone older than 12 that finds them entertaining.

all rap and all reggae

most of all bob marley

its like being stabbed in the ears

I’m the same way when I hear people talk about somebody’s playing ability. They talk as if their so skilled but it’s just so untrue. I guess it’s something only really guitarists understand.
True, if serious.
In my area I'm considered quite good, but all I hear is my mistakes. It bothers me to hear myself described as a good player.
We all have players that just don't do it for us

Taylor Swift is awesome. She's a true poet with her lyrics and her songs are always so true to the heart.

Verse:

I met a boy
Everything was great
He looked at a girl
Now I am mad
So here is his dick size...

and on to the chorus that tells you personal things about an ex she's still mad at.

The only thing I can think of while reading this snippet your posted is her poetry and song writing are master class!

Oscar Wilde ain't got nothing on Swift!

B.B. King.

I hear unremarkable playing, against unremarkable rhythm sections. Every time I'm out somewhere and he comes on, I go check to see who's playing this rudimentary stuff, and of course it's BB.

Why does he have such a great rep, why is he so highly respected as a guitarist? Blues playing is all about feel and passion, and I don't hear that in his solos.

Also, and everybody *gasp*, but apart from his early, energetic electric blues material, Clapton became boring. Slowhanded. Sleep inducing.

And Korn. I have no clue why they ever got nationally known.

Interesting perspective I like the more sustained B.B bends and vibrato though. But I will try to see it from your perspective I like to challenge my own perceptions from time to time.

Interesting perspective I like the more sustained B.B bends and vibrato though. But I will try to see it from your perspective I like to challenge my own perceptions from time to time.
I should've mentioned his vibrato technique and ability to sit down on a note, squeeze all the juices out of it

True, if serious.
In my area I'm considered quite good, but all I hear is my mistakes. It bothers me to hear myself described as a good player.
We all have players that just don't do it for us

I think a lot of guitarists feel that way, too. Others will say you’re really good but you can hear all your fuck ups. Even if you are really good, you’ll never be as good as you want to be in your own head. I’ve been playing for like 15+ years and still go about it this way. And yeah, we all have certain tastes/styles. Especially as guitarists. There’s good guitarists out there, like they can play well but they still don’t do much for me. One thing I was always annoyed by is all the people in awe when they hear just mindless shredding.

I think a lot of guitarists feel that way, too. Others will say you’re really good but you can hear all your fuck ups. Even if you are really good, you’ll never be as good as you want to be in your own head. I’ve been playing for like 15+ years and still go about it this way. And yeah, we all have certain tastes/styles. Especially as guitarists. There’s good guitarists out there, like they can play well but they still don’t do much for me. One thing I was always annoyed by is all the people in awe when they hear just mindless shredding.
I think of shredding like Olympic gymnastics. Highly trained, technically precise, but lacking in depth, individuality, heart.

I love shredding but it's not for all audiences. So I reserve it in tiny bursts in my solos when some flash seems right.

I think of shredding like Olympic gymnastics. Highly trained, technically precise, but lacking in depth, individuality, heart.

I love shredding but it's not for all audiences. So I reserve it in tiny bursts in my solos when some flash seems right.

That’s pretty much it. Which is why I call it mindless shredding. It’s meant to impress the.. inexperienced people..? The solos I make are more melodic but sometimes I’ll put in a quick part that leads into another bar or something you know what I mean? I also find taps extremely overrated unless used at the right times and such.

That’s pretty much it. Which is why I call it mindless shredding. It’s meant to impress the.. inexperienced people..? The solos I make are more melodic but sometimes I’ll put in a quick part that leads into another bar or something you know what I mean? I also find taps extremely overrated unless used at the right times and such.
Guys like Knopfler are the elite.
Class. Chops if he wants. Knows the value of understatement. Flash at the right moments without calling attention to it.

Technique is great but you have to use it well or you're misusing it.

10xwy14.jpg

His replacement on the Sabbath songs tour was Brad Gillis.

Speak of the Devil is better than RR's not very interested playing on Tribute. Gillis shreds all over those songs with enthusiasm. His fills between chords are excellent.

RR > BG and RANDY RHODES + OZZY was greater than Sabbath IMO. Although Sabbath still great and no Ozzy with out Sabbath. So we cannot forget or give credit to all members of Sabbath.

<Y2JSmirk> . Brad Gills was legit though.

Gillis was awesome in Night Ranger. Would’ve been a pop group without him.

Jack White: He can write some catchy generic riffs but his solo ''blues'' guitar playing is nothing short of atrocious, not even in a ''sloppy but soulful way'', he's just sloppy in a ''I dunno wtf I'm doing'' way and his guitar tone sounds like a bunch of dying walruses.

Back