Bands, musicians you just don't get

He's hit or miss for a lot of people. I'm a big fan, but I think it has something to do with the fact that they were one of those bands I heard a lot in my childhood, so there's a bit of nostalgia influencing me. Corgan is a very good songwriter, and he's not a bad guitarist at all—I don't think anyone can argue otherwise, really—it's his singing that is the most divisive attribute I think.

Mayonaise was my favorite track by them I think

I'm definitely not surprised when people say they dislike the Smashing pumpkins, though.

I dislike his voice specifically, I do appreciate their material. Agreed about hit or miss, it is rather special, and for many - special in a bad way.

99% of rap music and hip hop is painful to listen. Modern rap is not even music. It's just fucking annoying noise and idiotic people moaning on the microfone.

Came to post something like this

Any metal with someone grunting about satan, well I spose it has a comedy factor.

Bjork

To me she's one of those artists that people like because they don't get her.

I think you are talking about the same band, no? They are lame.

Yeah Ghost.

A lot of metal heads love it for some reason... I don't get it at all. The stuff I heard was terrible.

Maybe they deserve another listen?

Actually one band that does come to mind for me is TOOL...

I love me some rock music but I just never got the fasination of them. I mean yeah besides haveing some creepy cool music videos I just couldn't get into them..

Kind of like Gorillaz, to me they just seem like bands everyone is waiting to see their new video not listen to their music..

Meh...

Drake. Kanye. Jay-z (he's ok tho)

What's so good about any of these guys?

Drake is the worst. Poor rapper, bad singer, nothing lyrics, songs aren't catchy, annoying voice.

Kanye West has a TERRIBLE voice and rapping style. You wouldnt listen to singer with a bad singing voice so I don't understand why people listen to a rapper whos voice gives people ear cancer.

JayZ is a wonderful writer but I cannot enjoy his rap because of his voice.

Most of the Heavy metal bands from the 90s on. It seems like they try to be as loud and dissonant as possible. Disturbed really surprised me with their version of Sound of Silence. Draiman has a great voice and they can play instruments well but they chose to just be loud.

Yeah Ghost.

A lot of metal heads love it for some reason... I don't get it at all. The stuff I heard was terrible.

Maybe they deserve another listen?
I find them not terrible, but bland and lacking power in their music. It is not that I think every satanic metal band must use growling or overwhelming guitar riffs, but their music is so damn neutral!

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin.

I don't know how they became so huge and how wishbone Ash never made it here in the US.

Aqualung by Jethro Tull is a ridiculous shitty song. Why do people like it? Nothing is appealing about it. Instrumentals suck. Lyrics suck.

Love me some Tull!

Their first album, This Was, is bluesy as fuck.

Their second album, Stand Up, is just straight up a masterpiece in my opinion.

Benefit is somewhat lackluster, but Aqualung is a great album.

Pearl Jam
Bruce Springsteen
Gaslight Anthem

Oh, and that metal band with the zombie Pope. Forget the name.

Ghost.

I kept hearing about them and when I finally checked them out I was pretty underwhelmed.

When not playing metal, my style has been compared to Jerry's.
Lots of trills, fanned chords and lots of triplets.

I miss him so much, it's hard to believe I got to almost sixty shows. And that he's been gone since I was twenty five.
<DCrying>

As the story goes, I was conceived at a Dead show.

I only made one before Jerry died, a bunch after but it just wasn't the same.

I was just at the second Dead & Company show in Camden last weekend. It was lackluster, but had a few good moments before it was rained out.

I wouldn't really call her a musican, she can pluck a guitar, but Taylor Swift is the most overrated "artists" in the industry today.

Also, Pop country aka Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, etc...

The Beatles are overrated, as is Nirvana. For the latter, I feel like death propelled them to superstar level.

Back