Bands, musicians you just don't get

I don't care for Adele, Ed Shereen, and 95% of Beyonce's songs.
I think Megadeth is corny as hell.
Kanye had a window from 2007-2012 that was good, but everything outside of that is garbage.
I don't know what offends me more, slagging off Megadeth, or saying Kanye did something good.

The Grateful Dead. Just not a fan of hippy jam band stuff.

Rush. I love their instrumental pieces but how anyone could enjoy Geddy Lee's voice is beyond me

B.B. King.

I hear unremarkable playing, against unremarkable rhythm sections. Every time I'm out somewhere and he comes on, I go check to see who's playing this rudimentary stuff, and of course it's BB.

Why does he have such a great rep, why is he so highly respected as a guitarist? Blues playing is all about feel and passion, and I don't hear that in his solos.

Also, and everybody *gasp*, but apart from his early, energetic electric blues material, Clapton became boring. Slowhanded. Sleep inducing.

And Korn. I have no clue why they ever got nationally known.
+1 on the BB King worship. He even admits he cannot really play the same solo twice, and the blues is already a fairly limiting style. I'll take some SRV any day over BB. Agreed about Clapton as well.
I'd also add Hendrix, though to a lesser degree, though I'm prepared for the imminent assault for saying so, lol.

Korn is just bad.

Which leads me to say: Huey Lewis and the Fuckin News... how did this ever get popular?

I guess you had to be there. How old were you then? In diapers or a sperm cell?

To be clear, I don't think Metallica is very good anyway. They are a thrash band for posers and pussies. Megadeth and Slayer are way better.
Metallica is like the gateway band, kinda weak, not too heavy, but enough to get a taste.
That being said, I prefer the Teutonics over the big 4.

LOL, I was there.
I grew up in the late 70s - early 80s.

OK.

Well I'll admit that some of that music was a little :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, but MTV was pushing hard.

At the same time there was another branch that was producing good fruit. ?1?

Awesome albums along w/ the RR tribute album plus the song "Bark at the Moon" were awesome. The rest of Ozzy's stuff is pretty bad. Iomni and Butler were the major contributors to Black Sabbath
RR is one of the all time best, but I kinda prefer Jake's phrasing and improvisation. The outro solo on Bark At The Moon is a beautiful example.

OK.

Well I'll admit that some of that music was a little :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, but MTV was pushing hard.

At the same time there was another branch that was producing good fruit. ?1?
There was just so much else to listen to back in the golden age of metal.

I actually really like a lot of Billy Joel songs. But after seeing what a complete douche nozzle the guy is, it’s hard to listen to them now.
Billy Joel is wierd. His music is pap, but his lyrics are pretty cynical. Approaching bitter sometimes.

When not playing metal, my style has been compared to Jerry's.
Lots of trills, fanned chords and lots of triplets.

I miss him so much, it's hard to believe I got to almost sixty shows. And that he's been gone since I was twenty five.
<DCrying>
How long have you been playing?

Yeah, not getting the Ghost craze either.
I have been listining to metal since 1994 and don't get Ghost either.
The play very slow and tame old fashion heavy metal with satanic image...
One of my friends who is really into Deep Purple loves them... I think they are really lame.

Saw them twice, once at Graspop festival (2013) and once at Alcatraz festival (2017). Very tame hardrock/metal band... imo

edit:
My pick would be Muse... just... meh. That entire genre is just so lame...

Last edited:
Back