Bands, musicians you just don't get

Foo Fighters

As a huge Nirvana fan I remember being so excited to buy their (his?) debut album back in the mid 90s, and then the crushing disappointment when I got home and listened to it. I really like and respect Dave and want to like them so badly but it just sounds like the most bland, formulaic, soulless radio rock music to me. I'm genuinely happy for their success though lol.

Panic at the Disco
Fallout Boy

There are many more but these two stick out because I just got an alert from Quicken Loans Arena (Where the Cavs play) I can get early access to Panic at the Disco tickets. How in the hell are they scheduling an arena tour?

Same with Fallout Boy, because I bought tickets to Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field they asked if I wanted Fallout Boy tickets for there too. Pearl Jam, Roger Waters, Foo Fighters, Billy Joel ect...Fallout Boy? Clearly one of these don't belong with the others.

These mumble rap dudes
I guess most pop and rap since I don't really listen to that stuff

As far as bands that are closer to the stuff I listen to

Never really understood the Mastadon hype
Dimmu Borgir sucks
Children of Bodom sucks, there's much better bands with a similar sound

These mumble rap dudes
I guess most pop and rap since I don't really listen to that stuff

As far as bands that are closer to the stuff I listen to

Never really understood the Mastadon hype
Dimmu Borgir sucks
Children of Bodom sucks, there's much better bands with a similar sound
I love all 3 of those bands, but only the first few albums. DB in the late 90s was awesome imo. Anything after Enthrone I didn't care for. Hell of a show too

I always chuckle when people act like Alice in Chains or Soundgarden are better and more profound that just the kind of bands you like in middle and high school.

Ghost have been puzzling me for quite some times now, but the worst for me is still bands like Danko Jones or Volbeat, it's just too meek and bland. Go listen to older bands or venture into heavier stuff, don't settle for lukewarm music.

I still don't understand how some people think Lars Ulrich is one of the greatest drummers on the planet

Who the fuck does? Dude is clearly the weakest link of the band. Reminds me of that gem:

Ringo-Starr-Is-Not-Even-The-Best-Drummer-In-The-Beatles.jpg

I could never get into Steve Vai or Joe Satriani. Obviously very talented players but they just leave me cold.

But I can listen to Pat Metheny or Leo Kottke all day.

I could never get into Steve Vai or Joe Satriani. Obviously very talented players but they just leave me cold.

But I can listen to Pat Metheny or Leo Kottke all day.

I can see why many would have a problem with Satriai's "be excellent to each other" surfer dude style, within that I think he's probably the best of that kind of shredder though actually being able to write melodies rather than just soloing constantly.

U2, Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Beyonce, R&B. country music and rap.

Take out R&B and I'm 100% with ya. I think U2, Springsteen, and The Stones because the music is simple and boring to my ears as a musician.

Foo Fighters

As a huge Nirvana fan I remember being so excited to buy their (his?) debut album back in the mid 90s, and then the crushing disappointment when I got home and listened to it. I really like and respect Dave and want to like them so badly but it just sounds like the most bland, formulaic, soulless radio rock music to me. I'm genuinely happy for their success though lol.
DUDE! WTF? The Foo Fighters debut album with the Buck Rodgers gun on the cover is their best album! Every song is good. Try listening to the Late! Pocketwatch demo on youtube to get a sense of what Dave was into before he recorded that. Then give it another listen. The whole thing has a kinda "Serve the Servants" feel. Floaty, Good Grief, For All The Cows, Oh George, Alone + Easy Target, I'll Stick Around - THERE'S SO MANY GOOD SONGS ON THAT ALBUM! Plz try it again and let your ears adjust, you'll come back and thank me!

I don't care for Adele, Ed Shereen, and 95% of Beyonce's songs.
I think Megadeth is corny as hell.
Kanye had a window from 2007-2012 that was good, but everything outside of that is garbage.

holy shit bro lol you gotta tell that story! I'm not surprised though if he is one.
Yeah pal I knew the soundman and the opening act for Dylan so a few of us got tickets & backstage passes to see them @ The Orpheum in Boston.We go back and ole Bob is standing there w/ a nasty scowl on his face,greeting people,so we approach him and nothing!Someone says hello and the like,then another tried small talk and Dylan made the “pfffftt” noise,rolled his eyes and away he went,walking off shaking his head!!Nice guy right?Not one single word.His band didn’t even get along with him,they were basically hired guns for that tour I believe.

Attachments

• A4D5F00C-37AB-4245-A5DB-6E8491A9DDD2.jpeg
    A4D5F00C-37AB-4245-A5DB-6E8491A9DDD2.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1
  • D5843A00-BF1D-4EAF-A89B-65F674FFC4C4.jpeg
    D5843A00-BF1D-4EAF-A89B-65F674FFC4C4.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Bob Dylan might be a dick IRL but seriously try playing the same songs for 40+ years and tell me it wouldn't drive you nuts. He was prolific for his time but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a bit jaded by now.

He and Joni Mitchell were my first concert back in 97 and he couldn't even remember half his lyrics. But people keep tossing him money so what would you do lol

I remember that concert people kept telling Joni to stop and let Bob start and she said something like "Excuse me, this is my show".

Bob Dylan might be a dick IRL but seriously try playing the same songs for 40+ years and tell me it wouldn't drive you nuts. He was prolific for his time but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a bit jaded by now.

He and Joni Mitchell were my first concert back in 97 and he couldn't even remember half his lyrics. But people keep tossing him money so what would you do lol

I remember that concert people kept telling Joni to stop and let Bob start and she said something like "Excuse me, this is my show".
If you get to the point as a musician where your jaded and treat your fans like shite then it’s time to hang it up.

Jefferson Airplane. Stupid boomers singing about drugs.

Joni is literally 10x the musician Bob is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back