banana and whey post w/o

toufeksian

Orange Belt
Reaction score
well , i have a doubt.
what would be better for p/wo:

a shake of dextrose + maltodextrin + whey or
a shake of banana + whey

the pros of the 1st shake is that it has a higher insulin and glycemic index than the 2nd , so thats a thing you want post w/o. I think that the disvantages are that its a lot of empty calories (glucose)

The pros of the 2nd , its a natural food , with a good glycemic index , and with vitamins and minerals. The cons i think is the fructose content of the banana , like any other fruit , who has a low metabolism , so , a thing that we really dont want p w/o , but it also has a good amount of glucose...

so ... toughts ?

I'ld put all three. I know people that slam back 100g of carbs solely from dextrose after a workout. I like the tapered effect, so i combine multiple types of carbs. Glucose plus maltodextrin plus fructose from the banana is great IMO. My appetite is surpressed after hard workouts so it takes me a while to get hungry. The mixture helps me from crashing before I get to eat solid food. Tastes better too than straight dextrose/malto which is a bit too sweet for my tastes.

definatley a bananna for me , or even better some brown rice 20-30 mins after

but in the banana one , im talking about ONLY banana and whey , not with dextrose

I like my shakes with whey, egg, bannana, oats, honey, and brandy.

oats>>carb powders.

toufeksian said:
well , i have a doubt.
what would be better for p/wo:

a shake of dextrose + maltodextrin + whey or
a shake of banana + whey

the pros of the 1st shake is that it has a higher insulin and glycemic index than the 2nd , so thats a thing you want post w/o. I think that the disvantages are that its a lot of empty calories (glucose)

The pros of the 2nd , its a natural food , with a good glycemic index , and with vitamins and minerals. The cons i think is the fructose content of the banana , like any other fruit , who has a low metabolism , so , a thing that we really dont want p w/o , but it also has a good amount of glucose...

so ... toughts ?

Well, if you were really trying to gain weight, the first would be better.

But generally I like to stick to whole foods, so I'd go with the banana.

my ingredients - whey. soy milk, banana, strawberries, blueberries, wheat germ

wheat germ ? i have heard its a very nutritious food , but why do u use it ? and how much?

thecreator said:
I like my shakes with whey, egg, bannana, oats, honey, and brandy.

oats>>carb powders.

as far as I know oats are complex, and since this is a post w/o thread, complex is not what he's looking for now is it

Im 5"10 174lbs, how much malto and dextrose should i add to my post workout shake? im tryng to get up to 180 or so. I feel like 30 of each would be good?(dont know why i feel this though)

codysweet02 said:
Im 5"10 174lbs, how much malto and dextrose should i add to my post workout shake? im tryng to get up to 180 or so. I feel like 30 of each would be good?(dont know why i feel this though)

You could intake as many as 60g of each, Cody, but I'd start out smaller. Start out with 40g of each and 30g-40g of protein.

toufeksian said:
wheat germ ? i have heard its a very nutritious food , but why do u use it ? and how much?

It's a great source of complex carbohydrates, protein, and fat:

This food is very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Riboflavin and Iron, and a very good source of Thiamin, Folate, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc and Manganese.

Back