Baltimore: Prosecutors drop all remaining charges in Freddie Gray trial

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Dolomite, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Dolomite

Dolomite Red Belt

Wow. Nobody ever saw this coming (he said sarcastically).

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/us/freddie-gray-verdict-baltimore-officers/index.html?adkey=bn
    The city is still on the hook with the Gray family for a $6.4 Million dollar civil pay out they promised last September.

Anywho - checking https://www.wunderground.com/us/md/baltimore - looks like temps will be in the upper 80's to low 90's. Thunderstorms, or a chance there-of, all through the weekend and Monday. Also the first day of school for the city is a long 4 and a half weeks away.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. TheStruggle

TheStruggle Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Prosecutors fucked up from the start

3. machidafan99

machidafan99 Silver Belt

The two [black] officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray are suing Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby for defamation and invasion of privacy.

Sgt. Alicia White and Officer William Porter , who are facing charges of involuntary manslaughter in the 25-year-old's death last April, filed the lawsuit against Mosby, Baltimore sheriff's office Maj. Sam Cogen and the state of Maryland on May 2, according to Baltimore Circuit Court records made public Wednesday.

Mosby should step down after this very public cluster fuck.

OverPressure, HockeyBjj and glennrod like this.
  4. WorldofWarcraft

WorldofWarcraft Holy Paladin Banned

People don't care about this case that much anymore since they put out the pictures of the officers and turned out most of them were black, especially the one they held most responsible for Gray's death.

5. ripskater

ripskater Guest

They should be giving that money instead to the officers who they put through the ringer.

OverPressure likes this.
  6. ripskater

ripskater Guest

That doesn't promote racism, and that doesn't result in liberal votes at the polls. It's just like all the black on black murders in Chicago. They don't care about those murders.

TehGwarch and glennrod like this.
  7. Terry Noonan

Terry Noonan Brown Belt

Charge the prosecutor.

TehGwarch likes this.
  8. klnOmega

klnOmega Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I woke up in bizzaro world again. The evil white supremacist cops turned out to be mostly black, and now liberals are angry at charges being dropped against a black man.

IronMan374, TehGwarch and ripskater like this.
  9. Thunderflash500

Thunderflash500 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

It's funny how effective this is. The English have been doing this forever. They put a person in from the community they are dominating, and the people are far more accepting. Even when that person is far more harsh than any white ruler or in this case officer.

Blackened likes this.
  10. Badger67

Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Expect nonsense to occur from idiots within the week. I haven't followed this case close enough to form any opinion but i see people being very pissed off at police getting off for this.

11. HereticBD

HereticBD Steel Belt

Fucking incredible.

The bitch who went out of her way to peddle this lie, should be brought up on charges.

12. Protectandserve

Protectandserve Red Belt

Mosby is done. She is gonna get sued to hell and likely disbarred.

Again prosecution over reach. Same thing as the Kelly Thomas Fullerton case in regards to over reach and over charging

oldshadow, 7437, TehGwarch and 2 others like this.
  13. OverPressure

OverPressure I'm here to offend everyone about everything

Didn't really work out for Oliver Cromwell, may he burn in the hell I don't believe in.

ShinkanPo likes this.
  14. OverPressure

OverPressure I'm here to offend everyone about everything

The court of public opinion is stacked with emotion and always a dearth of facts

15. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

And of course that will be evidence of systemic racism!!!111

16. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

Nah I think the family should get it. Don't have laws the allow you to chase people just cause they run but those same laws don't apply in the rich neighborhoods. That's the exact kind of inequality that leads to situations like this. Also wasn't it proven that he was never supposed to be arrested in the first place?

17. IdahoCBR

IdahoCBR Blue Belt

Crazy how a person can be severely injured while in police custody because protocol wasn't followed, then die from those injuries and somehow, all those involved won't even get a slap on the wrist.

I won't be surprised to hear about riots or "retaliatory" attacks in the near future.

Malvo and 7437 like this.
  18. TehGwarch

TehGwarch Purple Belt

You gotta be kidding, guy was a career criminal. His family deserves a slap in the mouth.

19. Dolomite

Dolomite Red Belt

What I learned from the last 'not guilty' case, was that the "protocol" was often not followed on a routine basis for a variety of different reasons.

7437 likes this.
  20. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

Don't give a shit what he is. It's BS that cops can chase people in the hood and it's illegal to run from them when you see them. In rich neighborhoods you can run as soon as you see cops and it's not illegal. I want equality period. There shouldn't be different laws depending on your economic status. On top of that if the cops arrested him for no reason at all then they should get money. If you have a problem with that then fight for cops to get better training that way they don't arrest people for shit that's not illegal.

elmo_1968 likes this.