Bakers Dozen MUSIC Game

13 bands where, for whatever reason, a band member is more well known or infamous than the lead singer -

1. KISS - Gene Simmons has the iconic demon image, the tongue, the tales of sexual exploits, hosts radio shows and generally acts as the mouthpiece of the group. Most casual music fans would know him, Paul Stanley not so much. (I know Gene sings lead on some songs, but not as much as Paul)
2. Cream - Jack Bruce sang lead on two of their most famous songs, White Room and Sunshine of Your Love. But even at the time from what I've read, Eric Clapton was the most well-known of the three band members.
3. The Yardbirds - at varying times in the 60s had Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck on lead guitars. Had to look up who was the vocalist (Keith Relf).
4. Deep Purple- Blackmore and Lord more famous than the assorted singers.
5. Digital Underground - Bit of a stretch this one but Tupac was a dancer for DU back in the day, he's infinitely more famous than Shock G or Money B
6. King Crimson - Robert Fripp has always been more well known than the lead singers the band had throughout the years.

Last edited:
13 bands where, for whatever reason, a band member is more well known or infamous than the lead singer -

1. KISS - Gene Simmons has the iconic demon image, the tongue, the tales of sexual exploits, hosts radio shows and generally acts as the mouthpiece of the group. Most casual music fans would know him, Paul Stanley not so much. (I know Gene sings lead on some songs, but not as much as Paul)
2. Cream - Jack Bruce sang lead on two of their most famous songs, White Room and Sunshine of Your Love. But even at the time from what I've read, Eric Clapton was the most well-known of the three band members.
3. The Yardbirds - at varying times in the 60s had Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck on lead guitars. Had to look up who was the vocalist (Keith Relf).
5. Digital Underground - Bit of a stretch this one but Tupac was a dancer for DU back in the day, he's infinitely more famous than Shock G or Money B
6. King Crimson - Robert Fripp has always been more well known than the lead singers the band had through the years.
7. Sex Pistols - their bassist Sid Vicious is arguably more famous than Johnny Rotten, albeit not for his musical contributions.

6. King Crimson - Robert Fripp has always been more well known than the lead singers the band had through the years.
7. Sex Pistols - their bassist Sid Vicious is arguably more famous than Johnny Rotten, albeit not for his musical contributions.
8. Mötley Crüe - Tommy Lee is definitely their most famous band member (for different reasons) :D

8. Mötley Crüe - Tommy Lee is definitely their most famous band member (for different reasons)
9. Jane's Addiction - I'd say Dave Navarro is the most famous in the band due to his short stint in the RHCP, his dumb reality shows and having been married to Carmen Electra.

8. Mötley Crüe - Tommy Lee is definitely their most famous band member (for different reasons)
9. Jane's Addiction - I'd say Dave Navarro is the most famous in the band due to his short stint in the RHCP, his dumb reality shows and having been married to Carmen Electra.
10. Curtis Knight and The Squires - A very short-lived band that is perhaps only known because of its guitar player, Jimi Hendrix. Curtis Knight and Hendrix would collaborate frequently after the band split up but always with Jimi getting top billing instead of Knight.

10. Curtis Knight and The Squires - A very short-lived band that is perhaps only known because of its guitar player, Jimi Hendrix. Curtis Knight and Hendrix would collaborate frequently after the band split up but always with Jimi getting top billing instead of Knight.
11. Genesis - I'd probably argue that Phil Collins is more well known than Peter Gabriel who was the lead singer originally, both are well known, though.

New 13 bands where, for whatever reason, a band member is more well known or infamous than the lead singer -

11. Genesis - I'd probably argue that Phil Collins is more well known than Peter Gabriel who was the lead singer originally, both are well known, though.
12. World Class Wreckin Crew - Dr Dre became one of THE most famous names in hip hop, and few can name any other members other than DJ Yella ans maybe Michel'e

12. World Class Wreckin Crew - Dr Dre became one of THE most famous names in hip hop, and few can name any other members other than DJ Yella ans maybe Michel'e[/QUOTE]
13. Led Zeppelin - Jimmy Page formed the band & has always been its most well-known member. Don't think he has ever sung on a recording.

13 Great female vocalists

1. Ella Fitzgerald. One of my favorite singers. She tells the story of the song so that you really feel what the songwriter is trying to convey.
2. Nina Simone
3. Sharon Jones - Girl would have fit right in in the 60's or 70's, one of the best singers and performers from recent years. We lost her back in 2016, she'll never get the recognition she would have if she'd been a performer decades earlier.

1. Ella Fitzgerald. One of my favorite singers. She tells the story of the song so that you really feel what the songwriter is trying to convey.
2. Nina Simone
3. Sharon Jones - Girl would have fit right in in the 60's or 70's, one of the best singers and performers from recent years. We lost her back in 2016, she'll never get the recognition she would have if she'd been a performer decades earlier.
4. Cat Power - smoky, low, tender voice. If you are unfamiliar with her, “Lived In Bars” is a great song to start with.

P.S. Rest in Peace Sharon Jones, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone

2. Nina Simone
4. Cat Power - smoky, low, tender voice. If you are unfamiliar with her, “Lived In Bars” is a great song to start with.
5. Whitney Houston

P.S. Rest in Peace Sharon Jones, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Whitney Houston

2. Nina Simone
5. Whitney Houston

P.S. Rest in Peace Sharon Jones, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Whitney Houston

2. Nina Simone
5. Whitney Houston
6. Aretha Franklin

P.S. Rest in Peace Sharon Jones, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Whitney Houston, Aretha

2. Nina Simone
5. Whitney Houston
6. Aretha Franklin
7. Siouxsie Sioux

2. Nina Simone
5. Whitney Houston
6. Aretha Franklin
7. Siouxsie Sioux
8. Annie Lennox

2. Nina Simone
5. Whitney Houston
6. Aretha Franklin
7. Siouxsie Sioux
8. Annie Lennox
9. Celine Dion

2. Nina Simone
5. Whitney Houston
6. Aretha Franklin
7. Siouxsie Sioux
8. Annie Lennox
9. Celine Dion
10. Lisa Gerrard

Back