Bakers Dozen MUSIC Game

New Baker’s Dozen:

13 Songs (or entire albums) written by less famous / less prolific members of famous bands:

1) Led Zeppelin - “In Through The Out Door” Album (written mostly by the bassist John Paul Jones, with Plant, and not Jimmy Page, who was strung out on heroin)

Last edited:
13 Songs (or entire albums) written by less famous / less prolific members of famous bands:

1) Led Zeppelin - “In Through The Out Door” Album (written mostly by the bassist John Paul Jones, with Plant, and not Jimmy Page, who was strung out on heroin)
2. Johnny Cash - "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down" Song (Written by Kris Kristofferson)

1) Led Zeppelin - “In Through The Out Door” Album (written mostly by the bassist John Paul Jones)
2. Johnny Cash - "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down" Song (Written by Kris Kristofferson)
3. Traffic - "Feelin' Alright" (by Dave Mason)

Great Category @HaulParris

1) Led Zeppelin - “In Through The Out Door” Album (written mostly by the bassist John Paul Jones)
4. Pink Floyd - "See-Saw" (Rick Wright)

5. Wilco - It's Just That Simple (John Stirratt)

6. The Beach Boys - Surf’s Up album (Brian Wilson only contributed to 3 or 4 songs, was probably in bed for most of it)

6. The Beach Boys - Surf’s Up album (Brian Wilson only contributed to 3 or 4 songs, was probably in bed for most of it)
7. REM - “Everybody Hurts” (written by drummer Bill Berry. Bonus trivia: string arrangement is by John Paul Jones).

7. REM - “Everybody Hurts” (written by drummer Bill Berry. Bonus trivia: string arrangement is by John Paul Jones).
8. The Beatles - Octopus's Garden (Ringo Starr)

9. The Who - Boris the Spider (John Entwistle)

10. Nirvana - Scentless Apprentice (written mostly by Novoselic and Grohl, not Cobain)

10. Nirvana - Scentless Apprentice (written mostly by Novoselic and Grohl, not Cobain)
11. Pink Floyd - Summer '68 (Rick Wright)

12. Eagles - Hotel California (Music / instrumentation written by Don Felder)

12. Eagles - Hotel California (Music / instrumentation written by Don Felder)
13. Queen - I’m In Love With My Car (Roger Taylor)

13 cover versions you hate (with reasons!)

1. Metallica - Whisky In The Jar (all the subtleties of the original are bulldozed without mercy, topped with Hetfield’s one dimensional grunting)

1. Metallica - Whisky In The Jar (all the subtleties of the original are bulldozed without mercy, topped with Hetfield’s one dimensional grunting)
2. Peter Gabriel - Street Spirit Fade Out (sounds like Richard Cheese lounge tune. I love Gabriel but that was a complete botchery)

2. Peter Gabriel - Street Spirit Fade Out (sounds like Richard Cheese lounge tune. I love Gabriel but that was a complete botchery)
3. Disturbed - Sound Of Silence (Probably going to get hate for this one, but I think it is overblown, overproduced and, loses all the nuance and serenity of the original. It is akin to the modern pop/X Factor/American Idol people doing songs like Hallelujah, turning a lovely piece into something just so.... loud and unnecessary! /rant)

3. Disturbed - Sound Of Silence (Probably going to get hate for this one, but I think it is overblown, overproduced and, loses all the nuance and serenity of the original. It is akin to the modern pop/X Factor/American Idol people doing songs like Hallelujah, turning a lovely piece into something just so.... loud and unnecessary! /rant)
4. Darius Rucker - Wagon Wheel : I just don't like the interpretation. The original was a nice blend of a folk/bluegrass sound. The adaptation to modern country pop made my skin crawl. The fact that Darius Rucker's version got radio play that Old Crow's never did irked me even more.

4. Darius Rucker - Wagon Wheel : I just don't like the interpretation. The original was a nice blend of a folk/bluegrass sound. The adaptation to modern country pop made my skin crawl. The fact that Darius Rucker's version got radio play that Old Crow's never did irked me even more.
5. Limp Bizkit - Faith (I'm not some huge George Michael fan or anything, but this song pretty much opened the door for all those awful late 90's early 2000's Nu-Metal garbage bands like Korn/Staind/Godsmack etc. that somehow still haven't totally gone away all these years later)

By original do you mean the Thin Lizzy version?

5. Limp Bizkit - Faith (I'm not some huge George Michael fan or anything, but this song pretty much opened the door for all those awful late 90's early 2000's Nu-Metal garbage bands like Korn/Staind/Godsmack etc. that somehow still haven't totally gone away all these years later)
6. Johnny Cash - Hurt (Grown to dislike it more and more over the years mainly down to everyone else waxing lyrically about how poignant it was and how JC's version far surpasses the original (especially the music video). The NIN version is far better, and was a very personal song for Trent Reznor. Cash just does his normal thing when it comes to singing other's songs. Some are hits and some are misses....this falls into the latter category for me).

Back