Crime Bail Reform Continuing to Keep Good People Out of Jail

Dangerous people shouldn't be out, period. I don't really see an argument why someone who is a danger to the community being allowed to walk free because he can post an arbitrary amount of money. Rich criminals should rot as much as poor ones

Dangerous people shouldn't be out, period. I don't really see an argument why someone who is a danger to the community being allowed to walk free because he can post an arbitrary amount of money. Rich criminals should rot as much as poor ones

What you are asking for is people suspected of crimes and arrested\charged for it should then have to stay in jail until they can go to court and prove they are innocent. Which goes against the whole innocent until proven guilty thing we have going on here. Freedom comes at a cost and that's what everyone needs to remember. I see lots of people remember it when someone takes a gun and shoots a bunch of kids.

The guy was arrested for speeding and not having a license for a gun he had on him. That describes about half of sherdog posters.

What you are asking for is people suspected of crimes and arrested\charged for it should then have to stay in jail until they can go to court and prove they are innocent. Which goes against the whole innocent until proven guilty thing we have going on here. Freedom comes at a cost and that's what everyone needs to remember. I see lots of people remember it when someone takes a gun and shoots a bunch of kids.

Dangerous people and flight risks need to be held until their court date.

The court date needs to come quickly as possible and if they are innocent reimburse them for being held.

If the are charged with a violent crime they can take their guns and they should take their freedom.

The guy was arrested for speeding and not having a license for a gun he had on him. That describes about half of sherdog posters.

You have to post bail for that?

I mean as long as he's not a felon I don't get why there would be any bail at all.

That's fine, but we should get rid of the concept of bail then. Why should a poor man have to wait in a cell while a rich man is free to do as he pleases?

That's fine, but we should get rid of the concept of bail then. Why should a poor man have to wait in a cell while a rich man is free to do as he pleases?

I agree we should get rid of it. Right now it’s just a way to get rich people out and poor people stay in. I’ve even heard that the DA will figure out what you do to understand how much expendable cash you might have to make sure you cant afford bail.

Milwaukee. Sad.

First off, we have so many dishonest people on this message board who represent both sides of the aisle. This person was being held on bail for driving under the influence and leading police on a high speed chase while having an unlicensed firearm in the car (illegal gun). You’d think anti gun or “common sense gun legislation” minded people would want this man waiting trial just for that. Let me explain to you how serious Chicago views DUI reckless drivers since that’s my AOE. In our chase policy we will likely if not immediately have a chase terminated for most violent crime including gun violence offenses if an offender disregards more than 2 traffic control devices and is a danger to the general public. However, the city will endlessly let us pursue a reckless dui driver regardless of how dangerous the chase becomes. Can anyone guess why that is? They’re a fucking immediate danger to every single car and person they pass, that’s why. They need to be stopped and await their day in court. All that being said, we need serious judicial reform but the bail bonds system has both helped/saved and hurt people I can’t ignore that. I believe if the court releases you before trial and you commit murder they should be severely punishment for their lack of judgement.

Back