Bahrain Arrests Four Americans on Allegations of Providing False Information

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Kafir-kun, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun not-so-grand mufti of Sherdog

Democratic People's Islamic Republic of Kekistan
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/b...providing-false-information-n518886?cid=sm_fb

Some unrest in Bahrain leads to the arrest of Americans doing "illegal" things in Bahrain. In a country like that what the hell isn't illegal? I wonder if Bahrain might be the first of the Gulf countries to fall. It was the only country to see unrest in 2011 and now there are protests to commemorate that unrest. If it did fall do you guys think it would have a domino effect on the Gulf or could the rest of the countries contain it?

2. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

Its not the actions that make something illegal, is who is doing it.

MicroBrew likes this.
  3. Kafir-kun

Yeah, they didn't go through the proper paperwork
    But too often this paperwork and red tape is used to filter out who's pro-regime and who's not.

4. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

+1000

5. Lead

Lead /Led/ Staff Member Senior Moderator

Carpet bomb their bridge

6. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

It's Bahrain. It's the Middle East and not Israel. What a surprise that you get arrested for shit that wouldn't get you arrested in civilized countries.

7. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Israel is in the MidEast , and they pull their own tryranical stuff, but are just not soo hamfisted and blatant about it , plus they got Western media carrying water for them.

8. Kafir-kun

Well at least they have the decency to limit their oppression to the Palestinian territories and not the entirety of Israeli society.

9. Rex Kwon Do

Yeah, I said "Middle East and not Israel" meaning "this happened in a place (ME) where all the countries are completely fucked (excluding Israel)."

Not saying bad stuff doesn't happen in Israel, only that as a Westerner, I can go to Israel, get drunk, bang a few hot Jewish chicks that I met on the beach while they were wearing their thong bikinis, maybe even talk a little crap about Bibi at a cafe with friends, and 99% of the time there'll be no problems. Can't say that about pretty much any other country in the ME (maybe parts of Lebanon?).

10. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Well except for the talking smack of the leader, you can do almost all of that in Dubai. Though even in Israel, if they know you are a tourist and you get a political argument with an Israeli stranger, not sure how you will fare. Might get deported??

11. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

I have literally never heard of the country Bahrain, and while I wouldn't claim to be highly politically savvy I'm definitely well above average of my generation.

12. Rex Kwon Do

Western women get in trouble in Dubai when they act out. For example wasn't there a Swedish chick semi-recently that claims she was raped but they didn't do shit cuz in Islam she needs male witnesses to back her story up? Israel >

I doubt anything other than advocating revolution would get you in trouble in Israel. They have robust political debate over there. People aren't tortured and publicly executed for dissenting opinions. They especially won't fuck wit Westerners in most cases since they want the support of our governments.

13. Rex Kwon Do

Oh and I doubt you'd find many locals in thong bikinis in Muslim ME countries, just other foreigners there on vacation.