Bagwork video

I'm going home and getting my supplement ready. One day I'm going to fight mark my words. But I'm not going to make predictions I'm going to let it flow in fact when I was looking online I was looking for a gym that I could go to later in 2019. But than got something better.

It's gods plan. And he has a plan for me and I'll see it through.

You need to join a gym to fight. Also you fought already in that video you sent me

You need to join a gym to fight. Also you fought already in that video you sent me

Funny thing when I went to the boxing gym in Paterson today. The guy asked me if I want to train to fight or not. I said yeah, and I told him I would try to come at least 3-4x per week. So I'm going to train at this gym for a while. He was doing bagwork with me, he didn't really give much instruction, because I was already doing the things he was telling me to do.

So now I'm going to go to that gym tomorrow and fri (fri in the morning because I don't got the gas station job that day).

And next week I'm going to split my time between the y and ikes & randy boxing club. Because I want to do some explosive work, and endurance work when I'm not at the boxing gym.

Funny thing when I went to the boxing gym in Paterson today. The guy asked me if I want to train to fight or not. I said yeah, and I told him I would try to come at least 3-4x per week. So I'm going to train at this gym for a while. He was doing bagwork with me, he didn't really give much instruction, because I was already doing the things he was telling me to do.

So now I'm going to go to that gym tomorrow and fri (fri in the morning because I don't got the gas station job that day).

And next week I'm going to split my time between the y and ikes & randy boxing club. Because I want to do some explosive work, and endurance work when I'm not at the boxing gym.

good for you man.......dont do it for "proof"...............do it for yourself. You should make friends at the gym as well, will be a good thing for you dude.

good for you man.......dont do it for "proof"...............do it for yourself. You should make friends at the gym as well, will be a good thing for you dude.

Alright. When I went today, their was only like 3 students and 2 trainers. Maybe their will be more people tomorrow to socialize with and maybe meet up with and train outside the gym.

2 trainers to 3 students is great! you should get plenty of 1 on 1 with the coach

2 trainers to 3 students is great! you should get plenty of 1 on 1 with the coach

Oh and the gym is really old school. They got like 5 heavy bags, 1 double end bag, a few weight lifting machines, plus a bench press station, and a ring. I'm at work right now and waiting to get off at 1pm. Than head over there at 1.30

The only thing I noticed was that you are a bit short on your punches and jamming them. You are pushing the bag and not popping off on that shit. Might just be the small room doing this to you but try to get more extension on your punches and pop the bag instead of pushing the bag.

The only thing I noticed was that you are a bit short on your punches and jamming them. You are pushing the bag and not popping off on that shit. Might just be the small room doing this to you but try to get more extension on your punches and pop the bag instead of pushing the bag.

Yeah I do often push the bag instead of popping it. I just try to follow through but end up pushing it. And yes the room is kind of small that's why I was careful about my movement sometimes.

hey khan, was just thinking to myself, now that you have joined a gym, it would perhaps be a good idea to speak with your coach. Let him know that you want to fight, and also share your fight video with him, this way he can see where you need work, and also know that you are serious and willing to fight.

hey khan, was just thinking to myself, now that you have joined a gym, it would perhaps be a good idea to speak with your coach. Let him know that you want to fight, and also share your fight video with him, this way he can see where you need work, and also know that you are serious and willing to fight.

He knows I want to fight. That was one of the first questions he asked me. I should show him the video too, I was thinking I should wait a few weeks to a month to ask him to get me a smoker, I need to put in the work outside the gym too.

I also have his number and am training tomorrow in the morning. Today was a conditioning day today apparently. And he said tomorrow I'm going to be shadowboxing with somebody, which I think means a no contact technical spar.

I also got to train there for nearly 2 hrs today, than I got mad hungry so he said "don't push it".

And the funny thing is while I was training at the boxing gym, my manager at my 2nd job called me, but I didn't pick up because I was training, and asked me if I wanted to come in at the last min even though he said "we're ok today I'll text you tomorrow to ask about your availability for next week". I don't know if I'm working that job tomorrow I do know that tomorrow I'm not working my morning job though which is good and that is why I'm able to go to that boxing gym tomorrow.

Yeah I do often push the bag instead of popping it. I just try to follow through but end up pushing it. And yes the room is kind of small that's why I was careful about my movement sometimes.

The sound really gives it away for me. If I get the range just right on my hooks it will sound like a BOOM instead of a THUD.
It's harder to tell with straights and jabs but if I just touch the bag and don't push through it at all then I'm satisfied.

Last edited:
The sound really gives it away for me. If I get the range just right on my hooks it will sound look a BOOM instead of a THUD.
It's harder to tell with straights and jabs but if I just touch the bag and don't push through it at all then I'm satisfied.

I actually didn't know that, that explains why YCM's right hand makes that sound.

While I was training in the boxing gym, the instructor wanted me to keep going on the bag even when I was losing a lot of stamina, and the heavy bag is actually a lot more heavier and solid than the one in the video at the gym and it feels like my punches got a little bit more powerful.

And exhaling with a "ha!" Really helps with my conditioning especially with my supplement that I drink before each round starts and after i leave the gym.

I actually didn't know that, that explains why YCM's right hand makes that sound.

While I was training in the boxing gym, the instructor wanted me to keep going on the bag even when I was losing a lot of stamina, and the heavy bag is actually a lot more heavier and solid than the one in the video at the gym and it feels like my punches got a little bit more powerful.

And exhaling with a "ha!" Really helps with my conditioning especially with my supplement that I drink before each round starts and after i leave the gym.

You're training your breath to be in sync with your striking which is one of the most important variables to keeping your stamina up. Keep up the good work! Overall, the video looked good :)

You're training your breath to be in sync with your striking which is one of the most important variables to keeping your stamina up. Keep up the good work! Overall, the video looked good :)

Thanks man.

He knows I want to fight. That was one of the first questions he asked me. I should show him the video too, I was thinking I should wait a few weeks to a month to ask him to get me a smoker, I need to put in the work outside the gym too.

I also have his number and am training tomorrow in the morning. Today was a conditioning day today apparently. And he said tomorrow I'm going to be shadowboxing with somebody, which I think means a no contact technical spar.

the reason I say to show him the video is because 9 out of 10 people that walk into a gym, just run their mouths, they say they want to fight, just to say it, but never do. If you show him the video, you are not telling him you want to fight, you are showing him. In essence, most people talk the talk, but do not walk the walk.

Also regarding a smoker in a month, I would not suggest that. Dont worry about how soon or far away it is, maybe in 3 days, 3 months, 3 years, it doesnt matter. Just let your coach know you want to fight, and you are serious about it, let him train you and let him decide when you are ready to fight and set the fight up for you, and you will get yourself a fight! I think that would be the best way to go about it.

the reason I say to show him the video is because 9 out of 10 people that walk into a gym, just run their mouths, they say they want to fight, just to say it, but never do. If you show him the video, you are not telling him you want to fight, you are showing him. In essence, most people talk the talk, but do not walk the walk.

Also regarding a smoker in a month, I would not suggest that. Dont worry about how soon or far away it is, maybe in 3 days, 3 months, 3 years, it doesnt matter. Just let your coach know you want to fight, and you are serious about it, let him train you and let him decide when you are ready to fight and set the fight up for you, and you will get yourself a fight! I think that would be the best way to go about it.

Yeah I'm definitely going to show him it. It will show that I have heart too, and that I don't quit in a fight.

Ok so after the training session today, I told him I would send him the video, so I did.

And today he had me do 8 rounds jumping roping, 8 rds of bagwork, and 3 rds of partner shadowboxing.

Hes busy doing s&c right now with some of his students.

Ok so after the training session today, I told him I would send him the video, so I did.

And today he had me do 8 rounds jumping roping, 8 rds of bagwork, and 3 rds of partner shadowboxing.

Hes busy doing s&c right now with some of his students.

perfect dude, your finally on your way!

now just stay consistant with your training. you will have ups and downs, some weeks more training some weeks less.

train 5-6 days a week to improve

and at a minimum train 3 days a week to stay at your baseline.

do this for the next 6 months. in 6 months, record yourself training and compare it to a old video from before. I guarantee you will see a difference/improvement.

I can already see a improvement in your last video from videos from way before.

you look faster and stronger.

perfect dude, your finally on your way!

now just stay consistant with your training. you will have ups and downs, some weeks more training some weeks less.

train 5-6 days a week to improve

and at a minimum train 3 days a week to stay at your baseline.

do this for the next 6 months. in 6 months, record yourself training and compare it to a old video from before. I guarantee you will see a difference/improvement.

I can already see a improvement in your last video from videos from way before.

you look faster and stronger.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I don't know if I should do 5 days a week, especially with the 2 jobs I have. But yeah, I'll try to go 5 days a week at best. I guess I can save sat for my explosive and endurance work. Since the gym is only open from 10am-2pm that day and I am damn sure not going to make it there before 2pm because I work 6am-1pm that day.

This guy he really takes training his students seriously. There have been a lot more people I'm the gym lately. Everytime I'm hitting the bag when I'm getting tired as hell he tells me to keep pushing basically. And tells me to hit harder even when I'm throwing a few lazy punches. I think that will teach me to pace myself.

He just texted back about the fight video, he said I did good and dodged most of his punches and got some good shots but I just need to work on timing and getting on the inside.

Mon and sat I will not be at that gym and the gym is closed for Christmas which is understandable, if it were a gym full of Pakistan's or Indians they probably would've kept it open because they don't celebrate christmas. So weds I will continue my training and hopefully it won't take 6 months for me to be able to fight, but maybe 2-3 months. My birthday is on April 2nd. I would love to fight on my birthday, or go to Thailand for my birthday.

I actually think I have like a 50% chance of going to thailand in 2019 just because of the 2 jobs I have, especially with tips from the delivery driver job I have. If I can go to Thailand for my birthday that will make it the best birthday ever and especially if I can get a fight on my birthday too.

Back