Bagwork video

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok so I haven't really been to the gym that much. And I'm going to be honest with you guys I prematurely thought I was going to be a member at that gym I was training at in Clifton, NJ. But than I decided because they don't got a striking class really I'm not going to, and the fact that I went broke and was working ups, ups didn't workout because they are dumbasses, who had people coming all the way from Brooklyn. Which got in the way of my hrs so I quit that before the seasonal job ended. So now I'm working 2 jobs one is a gas station job and the other is a delivery driver job at an Italian restruant.

And I'm going to start school in the fall of 2019 so theres that too. I took the firefighter exam 2 sats ago and I'm not sure if I passed or not, but even if i did their's more chance of me not getting hired than getting hired. So now I'm just going to focus on work, and getting the driving fines out of the way. Than after that I'm going to join another fight gym (the one I was training at i did not get the chance to pay for a membership)

So now here's the video:

Ok so what I was trying to do was focus on more explosiveness and reflexes. The room is not that small but it is kind of close to the door, and close to a wall. I need to get a tripod, I tried a go pro one time and it couldn't even upload to youtubw for some reason. Anyways and if your wondering about the overhand at the end, I was just fucking around with the whole saiyan "ha!". And I was actually trying to do some more endurance on the bag so let's see what everybody thinks, and as always criticism is welcomed as long as it's constructive.

By the way.. Please fasten your velcro on your gloves... Please!

<{CMPALM}>

What are your goals?

Right now I'm just looking to just keep in shape, and just keep my somewhat boxing skills up, just in case I need to defend myself, once everything is out of the way, I will look to join a gym and fight.
By the way.. Please fasten your velcro on your gloves... Please!

<{CMPALM}>

Those are the gyms gloves lol their not high quality I should've used my own but i didn't even notice it wasn't fastened half way through lol.

You know I'm having a good day today, and about to see creed 2 later, so I'm not going to let a gold fish ruin my day lmao.

Last edited:
Your right hand has improved, definitely transferring more weight into it. Left hook needs work, step in a bit more to your left before throwing it and turn the hook over a bit more. Also what is with all the sound effects. Mouth closed unless you have sinus problems.

Your definitely hitting harder but don't get too close trying to follow through too much. Step in on some of your big punches but try to keep your straights a bit longer, especially the jab.

Your right hand has improved, definitely transferring more weight into it. Left hook needs work, step in a bit more to your left before throwing it and turn the hook over a bit more. Also what is with all the sound effects. Mouth closed unless you have sinus problems.

I was getting tired while hitting the bag, so exhaling with a "ha!" Helps. Thanks for the feedback.
Your definitely hitting harder but don't get too close trying to follow through too much. Step in on some of your big punches but try to keep your straights a bit longer, especially the jab.

Alright thanks for the feed back I actually did have a few less extended straights.

I was getting tired while hitting the bag, so exhaling with a "ha!" Helps. Thanks for the feedback.

Alright thanks for the feed back I actually did have a few less extended straights.
. A lot of Thai boxers do the yell/Kai thing and if you feel comfortable doing it then it's up to you, but a lot of old school boxers believe it's a dangerous thing to do. I really like what you're doing though. Your punching has got a lot better despite what some people might say.

. A lot of Thai boxers do the yell/Kai thing and if you feel comfortable doing it then it's up to you, but a lot of old school boxers believe it's a dangerous thing to do. I really like what you're doing though. Your punching has got a lot better despite what some people might say.

Thanks man, I always somehow improve with ample rest for some reason. But when I have consistent instruction that's even better.

Thanks man, I always somehow improve with ample rest for some reason. But when I have consistent instruction that's even better.
The rest seems to allow the muscles to relax and become more coordinated. Some of the biggest increases in power I have had, have been after time off.

The rest seems to allow the muscles to relax and become more coordinated. Some of the biggest increases in power I have had, have been after time off.

Yeah sometimes I just think about working out and hitting the bag for like 2 hrs but I just let myself recover for a bit and sometimes I just take 2 days off.

Yeah sometimes I just think about working out and hitting the bag for like 2 hrs but I just let myself recover for a bit and sometimes I just take 2 days off.
Hard training sessions teach the body to be more efficient, shorter sessions are good for explosiveness and speed. The rest makes it all work. Also I like how your moving back out of range after throwing, but sometimes your springing back a bit much. Try to keep it as a smooth step as it will keep you more on balance to throw the counter right if they come at you.

Hard training sessions teach the body to be more efficient, shorter sessions are good for explosiveness and speed. The rest makes it all work. Also I like how your moving back out of range after throwing, but sometimes your springing back a bit much. Try to keep it as a smooth step as it will keep you more on balance to throw the counter right if they come at you.

Alright, so just step back is what your saying so don't do strong steps. Got it. Sometimes in there I believe I was too close to the bag and when I threw a right hand, I actually had a bad habit of moving my right leg back did you notice that?

ahhh khan, you definitely look better on the bag but I am disappointed you didnt join that gym. specifically after our last conversation.....and I dont think you will have much chance for training while you are working 2 jobs in school for the firefighter academy at UPS with no car or whatever. How old are you btw?

You live like 15 miles from one of the best muay thai gyms in the country Onjen Topics gym, yet you refuse to join his gym, or any gym for that matter.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink :(

ahhh khan, you definitely look better on the bag but I am disappointed you didnt join that gym. specifically after our last conversation.....and I dont think you will have much chance for training while you are working 2 jobs in school for the firefighter academy at UPS with no car or whatever. How old are you btw?

You live like 15 miles from one of the best muay thai gyms in the country Onjen Topics gym, yet you refuse to join his gym, or any gym for that matter.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink :(

I also have driving fines, and I found a boxing gym that's relatively close to me that is $50 a month and $5 a drop in so I'm just going to be traveling to that gym 3-4x per week. I would be really mad if something gets in the way of paying $5. I'm going there at 2.30 today before I start my 2nd shift of the day as a driver.

Oh and one other thing i took the written exam, i don't even know if i passed and i don't start school until fall 2019. So I'm not going to make excuses for anything shin, like you said actions speak louder than words. So stay tuned. I'm trying to fit sometime into this boxing gym too, but I'll only get to do like 30-45 mins of training today.

Alright, so just step back is what your saying so don't do strong steps. Got it. Sometimes in there I believe I was too close to the bag and when I threw a right hand, I actually had a bad habit of moving my right leg back did you notice that?
I did notice you move the right leg back a couple of times, yer don't do that. Get that range right and you will have all the follow through you need, without any funny movements to try and correct balance/positioning. I was really impressed with a couple of those rights though, you are definitely hitting a lot harder. Also the left hook you threw at about ten seconds was decent, try throwing more of them like that. The difference was you were coming up off the left foot better and rotated your torso a bit more. A few of your left hooks looked like they weren't sure if they were a jab of a hook, they weren't so good.

I did notice you move the right leg back a couple of times, yer don't do that. Get that range right and you will have all the follow through you need, without any funny movements to try and correct balance/positioning. I was really impressed with a couple of those rights though, you are definitely hitting a lot harder. Also the left hook you threw at about ten seconds was decent, try throwing more of them like that. The difference was you were coming up off the left foot better and rotated your torso a bit more. A few of your left hooks looked like they weren't sure if they were a jab of a hook, they weren't so good.

I got to admit my mind is a little all over the place sometimes lol. But yeah I try to keep it coordinated. I was debating to do a hook or a jab sometimes.

Back