bagwork video after a mad minute

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok so everybody knows how I've been MIA for a while.... really I don't think anyone cares because we got our own lives going on.

So quick update I haven't been to the new gym I was training at since I started the driver helper job, at ups. And now I'm working a part time job at a gas station that my brother got me a job at, one day a week basically. And the job i was working at in November they're basically retarded because they have a communication issue (I was going to quit and just do UPS, than the big boss of the company got me to stay by saying I could work just sat and sun, than the shift manager didn't know. I came to the site I was working at and there's a kid working there saying she's working the shift so i talked to them and gave her the hours because she's a kid and can use them). So I'm pretty busy now a days, I mainly get to work out on the weekends, I usually go to the track down the road from my house and go for a run, and just go to the YMCA. Now I don't know whether the security job with the most terrible communication still has me down as an active employee but I will see after Christmas or possibly new years.

So I've also been studying whenever I got home. I'm studying for the firefighter exam. And the test is next sat.... I swear whenever you say your never going to stop training or say nothing is going to stop you from doing so and so, it ends up happening.

So anyways I've been lurking on sherdog seeing some of the bagwork videos on here. And I did learn a couple of things so here's 2 bag work videos:

So I was just hitting the bag lightly at first just getting a rhythm going. Than just gradually hit harder I was trying to use more head movement and movement in general. And yes I know some people are going to say don't go into the floyd Mayweather position when moving back because I did that during the video, I was trying it out because I thought it might be useful if I was trying to avoid being punched. So I wasn't really trying to work on anything specific it was my first time hitting the bag after a month. And I'm pretty busy with UPS and studying as I said before (plus I have to wake up at 7am and rendezvous with the driver at 10). I had a second video but lost it. I would really like to get back in the gym as soon as possible and I'm going to try to do it after new years possibly.

anyways as always constructive criticism is always welcomed. Don't just say you suck or your slow or whatever (I don't think I'm slow but sometime when I was sparring I did feel like my punches were a little slower than a few months ago or when I was training in 2017 in nyc).

I will post the 2nd bagwork video later. Basically the 2nd bagwork video was using more reflexes after every hit, than I just basically fucked around at the end of the video.

Pick combos you see pros you like doing. Obviously single punches are important but to smooth out combinations would be cool.

Get that punch count high and don’t overthink it, you basically need experience throwing as much punches as you can. To get the reps in just double or triple up on the jab. Maybe some 1-2-1-2s

only thing I can say is you right hand is so telegraphed even Manny Pacquiao would see it coming. Just work on the snap of the punches so they aren't so obvious. And your combos, throw a few jabs back to back.

Pick combos you see pros you like doing. Obviously single punches are important but to smooth out combinations would be cool.

Get that punch count high and don’t overthink it, you basically need experience throwing as much punches as you can. To get the reps in just double or triple up on the jab. Maybe some 1-2-1-2s

Thanks never thought I would ever hear someone say throw more punches in a combo lol. Do you mean it for conditioning or for just practicing more combos?
only thing I can say is you right hand is so telegraphed even Manny Pacquiao would see it coming. Just work on the snap of the punches so they aren't so obvious. And your combos, throw a few jabs back to back.

I noticed that too while I was rewatching it a few times. It feels more powerful though than a few months ago though. Thanks for the feedback.

Back