Baffles me that when Rousey was winning everyone praised Tarverdyan for coaching her

I think only Joe Rogan was buying that 'Ronda has elite striking' thing, and he was presumably high as shit.

he is a good coach and he proved it last night, its not his fault ronda cant listen to instructions

Honestly though her "K-1 style" only really won her 2-3 fights and they were mostly based on opponents being so scared of her grappling that they left easy openings.

Personally I pointed out she was "winning ugly" well before the defeats, copmpared to her "armbar years" the level of skill we were seeing simply wasn't the same outside of the Cat match were she had an opening for a takedown forced on her. The Beth fight especially was just ugly even if she won quickly.

To me she comes across as quite an insecure person that Edmund has exploited feeding her a bunch of fantasist crap around the level he's brought her striking to.
The fear thing goes for every champ who finishes, be it Anderson, Fedor or Penn. I'd say it was a big part of her success standing, but not the sole one, which the Tate rematch showed.

Ronda can hang and beat most in her division with a mix of stand-up and grappling, but there is literally 1 good technical power striker at WBW, and that's Nunes, and 1 good technical counter striker, and that's Holm. And one new good striker in Valentina. The rest are on a much lower level in striking and thus Ronda did well with an overhand and some clinch knees (while instilling fear before those fights even happened).

Ronda's striking was non-existent in SF, then she trusted her power and chin and became a good brawler, but didn't evolve from there.

Only proves good old proverb "When you're at the top they worship you, when you're at the bottom they kick you"

It says more about the weak striking her opponents had before she fought holly.

She barely fought for the clinch. She had one clinch, did nothing with it and gave up. She's mentally toast.

Edmond was always bashed

Rogen raved about how world class her boxing ceame under Edmund. Even though she looked terrible against Bethe, despite getting the win she looked like a toughman fighter, not sure how Joe fell for that....

We didn't know any better at the time.

Who's everyone? I remember plenty of people making fun of him and pointing out her shit striking.

But if by everyone you mean rogan and dana then yeah

Sorry, don't recall seeing it. I quite vividly remember people, on message boards and on written articles, saying that Honda's striking acumen is unproven and that Edmond is a hack despite being the heavy favorite going into 193. His record with Travis and Ellenberger was well known before the Holm KTFO'd her

Back