Badou Jack vs Adonis Stevenson May 19th in Toronto

stevenson hasnt went past the 4th round in what feels like 5 years it's probably 3. despite some bad round by round I dont think stevenson has lost a second of his last few fights. hard to gauge if he got old since he's fought so little. Stevensons left is really talented and while jack has improved. his fight vs bute though I felt he won (it was called a draw and then switched to dq) he didn't look very amazing way too easy to hit.

if it goes past 4 rounds and jack hasnt hit the deck, I don't see stevenson getting the W

also if stevenson beats Jack I'd say his resume is significantly better than Kovalevs despite the massive internet love for Kovalev his biggest win remains with an aging pascal.

also if stevenson beats Jack I'd say his resume is significantly better than Kovalevs despite the massive internet love for Kovalev his biggest win remains with an aging pascal.
I agree

True. But it's somewhat disingenuous considering how many thought he beat Andre Ward, who was thought to be unbeatable by many.

Not to mention, Pascal was like 32 when Kovalev beat him. Not aging at all.

True. But it's somewhat disingenuous considering how many thought he beat Andre Ward, who was thought to be unbeatable by many.

Not to mention, Pascal was like 32 when Kovalev beat him. Not aging at all.

I'd say Pascal was past his best. Not that it really mattered much as no version of Pascal would beat Kovalev, but his style was completely based on his athleticism and durability, and I think both of those qualities were slipping by the time he faced Kovalev. Having a drawish fight with Andre Ward is a very significant accomplishment, though.

I can’t fckin wait for this fight. Jack by late stoppage or ud (hopefully)

I'm on the fence on this one. A 40 years old cherry picker who hasn't fought in a year isn't supposed to beat the Cleverly version of Badou Jack.

That being said, I can't help seeing a dramatic finish, Jackson - Graham style.

cant see how a weak chin super middleweight would put adonis above kovalev...

Here are some COMPLETELY unbiased picks from the Mayweather Boxing Club

lmao, love the new video channel intro. Big ABBA fan.

This fight is a great fight. I feel Stevenson is going to land something towards the middle, and hurt Jack, blow his load trying to go for KO. Jack will hold on and his conditioning will carry the day.

edit: lol @ labeling that guy as "Canadian" as his expert credential, and "Math Teacher"

lmao, love the new video channel intro. Big ABBA fan.

This fight is a great fight. I feel Stevenson is going to land something towards the middle, and hurt Jack, blow his load trying to go for KO. Jack will hold on and his conditioning will carry the day.

edit: lol @ labeling that guy as "Canadian" as his expert credential, and "Math Teacher"
i usually try to pick a song that has some correlation to the video. ABBA and Jack are both Swedish.

Usually i say Chris is a trainer, but since they had the back and forth on his heritage, i went with canadian

and the math teacher said George III's math teacher. i always put something for anthony that makes him old. George III was king a couple hundred years ago.

as for the fight, i do like jack after hearing a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. Of course the info i get is biased, but they are definitely encouraged at least with the body language both displayed. of course body language doesnt make a fight, and adonis is always dangerous. but i am kind of with you. if badou weathers the first few rounds, i see him taking control in the later rounds

i usually try to pick a song that has some correlation to the video. ABBA and Jack are both Swedish.

Usually i say Chris is a trainer, but since they had the back and forth on his heritage, i went with canadian

and the math teacher said George III's math teacher. i always put something for anthony that makes him old. George III was king a couple hundred years ago.

as for the fight, i do like jack after hearing a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. Of course the info i get is biased, but they are definitely encouraged at least with the body language both displayed. of course body language doesnt make a fight, and adonis is always dangerous. but i am kind of with you. if badou weathers the first few rounds, i see him taking control in the later rounds

Jack would possibly become my favorite fighter, if he came out to an ABBA song. I am thinking Voulesz Vous or Waterloo. If he is the underdog (havent checked odds), even "Take a Chance on Me" would be great.

Jack would possibly become my favorite fighter, if he came out to an ABBA song. I am thinking Voulesz Vous or Waterloo. If he is the underdog (havent checked odds), even "Take a Chance on Me" would be great.
well, there is no chance of badou doing that. he is a very nice guy, but he has zero sense of humor when it comes to himself unfortunately. i really have to check myself around him because i am the biggest smart ass alive. and the last time i looked he was a slight underdog

well, there is no chance of badou doing that. he is a very nice guy, but he has zero sense of humor when it comes to himself unfortunately. i really have to check myself around him because i am the biggest smart ass alive. and the last time i looked he was a slight underdog

Haha, like he gets pissed off if people rib him?

He beat Dirrell, Groves, Bute, drew with DeGale, beat Cleverly and then if he beats Adonis?
That would have to get him one of the nicer resumes in boxing I would think

He beat Dirrell, Groves, Bute, drew with DeGale, beat Cleverly and then if he beats Adonis?
That would have to get him one of the nicer resumes in boxing I would think

And one of the most impressive comebacks from a 1st round KO defeat in a long time. Usually losses like that ruin fighters.

Haha, like he gets pissed off if people rib him?
it isnt like he will fill the room with uppercuts if you make a joke. he is just a serious guy. he has joked around with me once or twice and it always caught me off guard because it is so unexpected. again, he is a really nice guy, he is just more serious than most

Back